Poll: What Do You Say on Your Christmas Cards?

What message do you put on your Christmas cards (or other holiday greeting cards, if you don't celebrate Christmas)? This is *not* to open a debate about political correctness and people who feel they can't say Merry Christmas for fear of offending someone. It's just a simple question about your personal preference.

If you are Christian and celebrate Christmas, do you always say "Merry Christmas"? Or do you sometimes include another sentiment about the spirit of the holidays? I and many other Christian friends don't always use the wording "Merry Christmas" specifically.

It really depends on the look of my photo cards . . . if they're red I'll do "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year."

A couple of years I've done a tropical theme (living in SoFla) and I'll just do a "Happy Holidays." Then I'll generally hand-write Merry Christmas somewhere on the card.

I always send a Happy New Year card. Mostly this is because I never get it together earlier enough to send a Christmas card. But I also like it that my card comes a little later.

I always go for the "Peace" sentiment, can't go wrong with that.

Happy Christmakwanzakah and a
Festivus for the Rest of Us

JK!! Merry Christmas usually. Happy Hannuka for my sis in law is added to the Christmas card sent to her and my brother and family.
Most of the time, I just never get them sent...

Whatever the card I like says. If it says Happy Holidays, then there's that. If it says Merry Christmas, then it's that. Usually I have some Happy Holiday cards because I do have Jewish friends and I make sure to send them Happy Holiday cards.

But I'm not stuck on that PC Merry Christmas thing. My Christian friends don't care if they receive Happy Holiday cards and I don't mind if I get Happy Holiday cards. I don't need Merry Christmas to remind me that I'm Christian.

Guilty of being Christian. My usual message:

Merry Christmas! May the Spirit of Christ be with you all year round!

To Russian Orthodox friends and family - CHRIST IS BORN!! GLORIFY HIM!!!

To Friends and family - MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! May God continue to bless and keep you in His loving arms....

Have a Very Merry Christmas, and Happiest New Years!
Thank you for being in our lives. We love you.

I'm an atheist and I say Merry Christmas. i'm not sure what saying that has to really do with Christianity. I mean, I get it, but Christmas is a holiday separate from the church and God for a lot of people. In fact, the date has more to do with winter solstice celebrations than with a god, so....

So I write, "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year."

I really think you are overthinking this. I wouldn't send an Xmas card to a Jewish friend or some other non-xmas celebrating friend, so there is no need to think about the wording.

Although my husband is Christian, We usually send out one that says

Happy Holidays.. "accordingly, yours... (insert son's name)
and it's always a pic of our son..

my son plays the accordion.. (ok we did still the signature from Myron Floren... but it works :)

holidays works for most and if it doesn't at least they get a cute pic :)

A couple of years ago, my daughter was Princess Leia for Halloween and my dog was Yoda. I put a picture of them on the card and said "May the Force Be With You This Holiday Season and Throughout The New Year". Usually, I just go with Happy Holidays!

1 / 3