Poem or Song Suggestions for Balloon Release at Memorial Service Needed by 10/14 - Phoenix,AZ

We are having a balloon release at a Celebration of Life service and was wondering if anyone can recommend a song we can play while we release the balloons or a poem that can be read before we release the balloons. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

For a lady.......... Sissy's song by Alan Jackson ( I think)
For either...... One more day by Diamond Rio, or I'm already there by Lonestar
There are lots of country songs that would go well.

hello! I'm not sure what your religious beliefs are, but if you believe in God and Heaven, then I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me is fantastic. Also, I love Amazing Grace (My Chains are Broken) by C. Tomlin. You can find both on YouTube.

C.,

We lost our son a litte over 5 years ago and we do a balloon release every year on his birthday. If your Celebration of Life is for a young child, we used the poem "Where do balloons go Mommy went you set them free" by Ann Deane. We also played the song "I can only imagine". Both are wonderful. I can't remember the author or the exact title of another poem that brought us tremendous peace but it was something like "Why God calls little children" I hope these are helpful and I will pray for all of you as you celebrate the life of your loved one.

"Go light your world" by C. Rice. If you type this in as a google search, you read the lyrics and/or hear the song. It is absolutely beautiful.

C., if you go to Google and put in "Don't grieve for me," a beautiful poem will come up that has helped many cope with death. I just sent it to someone last week. Hope this helps.

My friend's sister sang To Where You Are by Josh Groban at a balloon release and it was perfect!

Thanks for asking the question! We lost my brother almost a year ago and are still trying to make sense of it. I'm going to look up some of the poems and songs that others told you about.

I pray for peace for you and your family!

Josh Grobans To Where You Are

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" the Hawaiian version. By "IZ", Israel Kamakawiwole.

1 / 3