PMS Remedies for "Irritability/Moodiness"?

Hi All!
Okay, I was just wondering, what you all do for PMS irritability /moodiness? I tried those over the counter "Midol" or Pamprin type pills, but all it does is make you drowsy.

Once a month like clock-work I get irritable/moody before my period. I don't like it and it's not fun for others either. I'm fine healthwise, eat healthy, yada, yada, yada....

But, it's just this moody "edge" that one gets with PMS.... I can always tell when I will be getting my period because I get real moody. Hubby SURE notices it too and heads for the hills!

Any ideas or remedies you all use that helps?
Thanks all!

A BIG thank you to all of you for your suggestions! I truly appreciate each and every one.
I am trying the Evening Primrose Oil... and today I noticed that the irritable "edge" I get did not seem as edgy, even in the midst of my kids having a monster of a day! I am also going to get back on my pre-natal vitamins, with iron here and there at that time of the month. I "forget" to take my vitamins with the daily toiling... so I best get back on it, regularly.
I just hate that PMS irritability... and Hubby too... so I am finally going to try these suggestions you all told me. I don't know why I didn't think to take PMS remedies before.. I just thought it was just something that each month we women had to put up with. Ha!
I certainly am looking forward to some relief!
Thank you again, I really am glad I ventured to ask this question! Much appreciated!
You all have a great day!

Evening Primrose Oil works great. My hubby loves when I take it and once sent me a whole baggy full when I laxed a couple months! He notices a big difference in my moodiness when I don't take it.

I haven’t found anything worth while in over the counter stuff. If you feel it's interfering with your life to the point you really must do something then see a doctor. They can give you SSRIs that you may only have to take during the time you have difficulty. If those meds don't do the trick or you don't want to go that route then see a good acupuncturist. They will give you wonderful relaxing treatments and herbs that help a great deal with no side effects.

I've found that pre-natal vitamins seem to help... It's the iron, so probably any vitamin or iron supplement would ease the moodiness. Also, watch your diet and try to get some exercise. Hope it helps! My hubs and I struggled with this for a while until we figured out how to curb it.

1 / 3