Please Tell Me

i have had a ring worm for two/half weeks went to the doc they gave me cream its still here:( do u moms know any old school stuff that will work its driving me crazy because its big on my arm:( thankyou

my daughter has had this a lot in the past. I just use lotrimin cream 3 times a day for about 2-3 weeks or until it's gone. The longest time it has taken is about 3 weeks.

Pick up some OTC cream for athletes foot. It should clear it up in a couple of days. Ringworm is a fungus and highly contagious. Check everyone in your house to be sure no one else has it.

Apparently you arent responding to the antibiotic cream they gave you. You could get something otc like for jock itch or athlete's foot and try that. That's what I used on my son when he was a wrestler and caught it from the mats somewhat frequently during season. Call your doc on Monday and tell him you arent responding to the ointment, maybe he'll suggest something stronger.

The creme takes a while to work. You have to keep applying it.

My mom ran a humane society for several years, and she used to use either yeast/fungal medicine or tea tree oil when the other ones didn't work. Tea Tree Oil can be used on anyone who is NOT pregnant. You can get it in health food departments or stores. Good luck! It is hard to get rid of. If you are worried it is spreading too much, use an ink pen and draw a circle around it so that you can see how much it is spreading. Remember, it is highly contagious and can be given to your animals as well as other humans.

How long has it been, since you have applying the cream????
Fungus/ring worm, is hard to get rid of and can take time to go away, completely.
Meanwhile, it is contagious.
Keep it covered.

I didn't read the other posts so sorry if this is a duplicate! Clear nail polish.

Here is some info including different treatment options:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ringworm/DS00489

1 / 3