PLEASE Help........ There Is Sharpie Marker on My Auto Seats

Is there ANYONE who knows how to get black Sharpie permenant marker off my leather car seats?????? My 4 year old drew circles while sitting in the backseat, on the black leather seats. I am VERY afraid to touch it. I do not want to mess up the seats. But i also don't want to look @ this beautiful masterpiece anymore :) ANY SUGGESTIONS would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Maybe this has happened to someone else..............

Hey G.,

I did hear that if you try a baby wipe and some sunscreen it would take a sharpie marker off just about everything! My best frioend told me that once before since she was used of getting things like sharpie markers off of everything-(she's a pre-school teacher) so she has tried most things but this seemed to be the most effective! good luck!

Hello,

Windex also works, My husband repairs/Dyes the leather he cleans it with Windex first. If any of the other things didn't work try this and if you may have discolored the seats you are welcome to email me and we can take a look. Dying black leather is easy and doesn't cost a lot. =)

nail polish remover! Worked on my leather lazy boy chair. But you will have to crub the *%$#@ out of it! :) good luck

The longer it sits there the harder it is to remove. Go to your local auto store and tell them you have black sharpie on whatever color leather. There is a product that you can use to remove it. Don't use any products from home... magic erasers, cleaners, etc. - those can damage the leather.

I had to do this not too long ago. Although the mark on my leather was ink pen and not sharpie. The stuff from the auto store is all I can think of. And you'll have to treat it several times. I think I had to apply, let it sit and wipe it off about 10 times before it pulled the die out of the leather. Good luck!

I removed a blue ballpoint pen mark off of my grey leather car seats with a product called Amodex! It didn't disappear immediately but the next day it was gone! I purchased it at Office Max and it claims to also remove permanent markers and lots more. Good luck!

I represent a company that has a product that I personally have used to remove Sharpie from hardwood, linoleum and marble. I have not tried it on leather, but my gut feeling is "no problem". It is a natural product that contains no carcinogens or toxins and is safe to use around people and pets, without toxic fumes. (I know, in this rainy season, your windows will be rolled up, you don't want toxins released and hanging out in your car). Contact me at www.SwitchingStores.info and I will get back to you.

Rubbing alcohol gets permanent marker off carpet, but I'm not sure about leather seats. Also, if it's red, it will be particularly difficult, but one I've been able to get out of carpet before with a mixture of half ammonia half water sprayed onto it, then putting a towel over the saturated area and ironing it up onto the towel (thanks to my dog who ate her food containing red dye #40 and getting sick later - ah, the joys).

Try Goof-Off - it got it off my walls!

Hey G.,

We got sharpie marker off our couch (fabric, not leather) with a product called grafitti remover. I was amazed at how easily it came off and it didn't take the color off our brand new couch. Not sure if it is safe on leather, but you may want to check it out. I think we got it at Lowe's or Home Depot.

I have the perfect product for you!! I had a permanent marker explode all over my hardwood floors and this product wiped it up immediatly! Not only that but it is safe and multi-purpose. You will LOVE it!!

ENGAGE ALL PURPOSE CLEANER
Our safe and effective highly concentrated, industrial strength multi-purpose household cleaner is just the right tool to quickly remove grease, oil, wax, tar, dirt, finger nail polish, permanent marker, ink, lipstick and more. It cleans any washable surface and is excellent as a laundry pre-wash. Engage All Purpose Cleaner is biodegradable, non-abrasive, and non-flammable. 22 FL OZ
http://recipe.jerkydirect.com/?page=prod&ID=153&p...

1 / 3