Please Help, No One Will Call Me Back at My Doctors Office!!

I have a sharp pain on my right side near my ovary. Some times it shoots down my leg.
I am almost five months and have never had any pain like this. I'm not bleeding, and it comes
on for about 10-15 minutes and them fades. It gets worse if I move around.
Should I go to the ER? Or wait to see my doctor this afternoon?

Anyone else had this happen to them???

thankyou for replying so fast. I think after this I am finding a new doctor. The receptionist told me the nurse would call me back in 5 minutes. Now it's going on two hours and still nothing.
I saw the doctor finally, not a nurse. She told me it was a round ligament stretching on my right side. It was so painful! I hope it doesn't have to stretch much more!
Thanks again, P. H.

Just want to let you know that if the round ligament pain continues, you can make an appt with a Chiropractor and the should be able to ease the pain! I had terrible ligament pain and a disk in my back that was out due to how I was walking and they took care of it all! It was the best. Good luck with the pregnancy!

YES go to the ER!!!!! It could be appendicitis or an ovarian cyst. If it is just a cyst, depending on how large it is, they can at least give you something for pain. If it is appendicitis you can't wait!

P.,
Don't wait anymore... Please go to the doctors office for a sick appointment... you really need to know whats going on!!!
Specially because the sharp pain!!
Good Luck... Best wishes!!!

Sounds like you are experiencing round ligament pain. Imagine a rubber band stretched really, really tight. That's what the round ligaments look like inside your abdomen. The more encumbered your uterus gets - the more strain on your ligaments.

Still, tell your doc about this pain. And, be sure to get your doc to tell you about round ligaments and how they get more elastic with each subsequent pregnancy.

JMO, save the ER for emergencies that involve not breathing and blood. ER Docs are like a box of chocolates ... you never know what you are gonna get! :)

P., you really need to go to the ER if you have not gotten any response from your doctor. It sounds like anything from ligaments stretching to something maybe serious. It is better to be safe then sorry. Let me know how it goes!!

it is more than likely just the baby and your new weight pressing on your sciatic nerve. nothing serious at all, just painful. stay off your feet as much as possible and wait for the doc. he might be able to prescribe something to help ease the pain.

Yes i have had those too, the pain is the sist bursting,you should go to the doctor.i got surgery its a new thing,you keep all of your female parts they just go up and burn the lining, i never have hardly any bleeding or pain in 7 years since i had it done best thing i ever did for myself ---no periods are great.

If your Dr. will not respond then I would go to the ER if you are worried about it. Then I would find a NEW OB! Not returning your phone calls is UNACCEPTABLE! Good Luck

A LITTLE ABOUT ME:

I have been married to a wonderful man for 6 years we have been together for 10 yrs. total,and we have 3 beautiful boys ages 8,5,2months.

Sounds like your round ligaments...they stretch during pregnancy and since you're belly is probably growing rapidly at this point, thats probably all it is. If you already have an appt this afternoon and you arent bleeding and dont have any other symptoms, I would just wait it out. I know being preggers for the first time is nerve wracking and you dont know what to expect, but it will all be ok!

You should go to the ER soon. Thats not normal and if you're still in pain. I had that problem but the diagnostic was a "quiste" is like a little tumor in the wall of my left ovary. But everithing went fine after the doctor treted me in the ER. Good luck!!

1 / 3

Explore Mamapedia

doctors find doctors legs ovary pains