Playgrounds near Middletown, CT

Hello Moms,

I am on the hunt for good playgrounds with toddler friendly areas near Middletown, CT. We are burnt out on Kid City and want to take advantage of the great sunny weather, whatever we have left of it!

We like Elm Ridge Park in Rocky Hill. It's on Route 160/Elm St. There is a great park called Addison Park in Glastonbury. It's at the intersection of Addison Park and Great Swamp Rd in Glastonbury.

Instead of playgrounds, some other good seasonal things right now include Lyman Orchards, Old Wethersfield main street of scarecrows and Pumpkintown in East Hampton.

If you had a membership to Kid City, it is also good at 5 other children's museums in CT. They are:
Children's Museum of Southeastern Connecticut (Niantic)
Imagine Nation Children's Museum (Bristol)
Lutz Children's Museum (Manchester)
The Children's Museum (West Hartford)
Stepping Stones Museum for Children (Norwalk)

Imagine Nation and The Children's Museum in W. Hartford are geared a little older than toddler, but I have been there with my 4 yr old and 2 yr old and they still get something out of it. Lutz is small, but has animals and a running train that my son loves. Give them a try...they might be an extra 20 minutes or so, but they're different.

I'm new to Middletown and just polled a local mom about parks yesterday. She recommended Butternut Hollow and there's a new play structure at Palmer Field. I've attached a list of parks/playgrounds in Middletown that I found. Maybe we'll see you there!
http://www.cityofmiddletown.com/ParksRec/Parks%20informat...

There is a really nice park in Marlborough called Blish Park which is on Park St. It was redone this summer and is really nice with a toddler section. It's also right next to the lake so you can walk through the wooded path and visit the ducks. My three year old brings her tricycle and rides it on the basketball court during the week while it's quiet there.

I saw the post for Addison Park in Glastonbury and that is really nice too.

You may want to try Hubbard Park in Meriden. It's located just off I-691. They just built a new playground. There's also a pond with ducks to feed. There's a few picnic tables if you want to bring a lunch. There's also a nice big open area, which is good for running around, ball playing, etc. There's also public bathrooms near the bandshell area.

I know there is a playground in the center of Cromwell next to the police station. It seems very large. I have not gone there yet but have driven by and there are always lots of families there.

1 / 3