Plastic Princess Shoes for Toddlers

Hi Moms
I was wondering if anyone has bought the princess plastic play shoes for their 3yr girls to wear and walk around in. Are they safe? Are the kids falling in them and twisting their ankles? Do they break easily? Sams Club is selling them and I wanted to buy some for my 3yr old daughter but wanted some feedback first from those who may have experienced them. I remember wearing those fancy plastic shoes when I was little and I remember the heels always broke off. Thanks for any comments.

When my girl was little, target had flat heel loafers that were covered in red or gold glitter. Oh man she loved them.

Maybe you could find a pair of flat, inexpensive shoes and glue glitter , plastic gems, and tiny fake flowers on them. Much safer- more special.

Gail

My daughter bought some for her daughter and she is 2 1/2 and walks around in them just fine, they are a little big for her but she doesn't have a problem. But then she is so independent she wears her flip flops just fine to. And she loves them.

I'm with Rae. Get her some shoes she can play in. She should be thinking about having fun, not about learning how to walk in high heels.

Hello G.: Boy did this question take me back a few years to when my daughters were young, and now watching my older granddaughters wear them. But they are 4 1/2 and 5 when we got them and the heels wereshort so not a problem.
They are not going to last long and may not be worht the price-- BUT every little girl likes to play dress up and have fun in them even of for a short while. I have some great pictures of my girls (now moms themselves) wearing them.
Good Luck and have the camera ready!! Nana G

I wouldn't buy them... Why introduce toddlers to the world of wobbly heels and foot pain? How about just some pretty pink flats?

(I have noticed some moms are making sweeping generalizations about ALL little girls wearing high heels or princess stuff...this is not true.)

Just be careful on stairs and slick, smooth floor surfaces. They are good on concrete, so my daughter wore them outdoors and in carpeted areas (protected the hardwood floors for scratches). Never had a problem with the heels breaking off. Never had an ankle injury either.

My daughter LOVES them, never fell or twisted her ankle. The only, only thing is we have hard wood floors, laminate I believe.. not sure because we rent. Anyways, they often leaves indents on the woods floors. Otherwise my daughter would live in them if we let her!

Hi G.,

I think it depends on the "Princess" how long they will last :O) I buy them for my neice each month and mail them to her. She LOVES, LOVES, LOVES those plastic shoes! I've bought them at the $1 Store, Target, Walmart and everywhere and she loves them all.

I wouldn't worry if the heels break off....your daughter will feel glamorous anyway :O)

You're so lucky! I have boys! Nephews! I have only 1 little neice to play "girl" with :O) And she lives over 5 hours away :O(

Have fun!

~N. :O)

I bought some for my 3 yr old daughter from Target. Honestly, at first, she did fall a few times. She got used to them and now wants to wear them everywhere we go. I found that the biggest thing is that they don't have grips on the bottom, so it's slippery if she walks on tiled flooring. She can't run in them, but they're just fine for play time. I was really worried about her twisting her ankle also, but it never happened.

My little GrandBaby just got a pack of princess shoes. She put them on walked across the floor and they broke. The issue with them breaking is the hard plastic was sharp enough to sever her little foot .
I am now looking into where I report this. Does anyone know how I report toys and where?

1 / 3