Plantar Warts on the Foot.

My 10 year old has 4 nasty ones on his big toe and next toe. We ahve been using the freezing treatment and it has helped some, but they are still not totally gone.
Any ideas?

Thank you!

Duct tape. Works wonders. Leave it on and replace everynight. I laughed when my doc told me, but it really works and really cheap and painless!

My daughter had one on her toe too. Try putting clear nail polish on it and the covering it with duck tape. You wil have to do this for a few days but it sufficates it. Should come off.
HTH
www.katiesparties.com

HTH
www.katiesparties.com

I would reccomemd taking your child to a foot doctor. I had one that would not go away. I used the pads that turn the skin white to try to pull the wart out. After about six months of that the Dr. finally said we are going to have to cut it out.
After having it done he said if I would have waited too much longer to have it removed I would have needed to have surgry to have it removed as it would have grown into the bone of my foot. It was not a huge wart it was actally smaller than a size of a q-tip. Pretty small actually untill I saw what it looked like when he took it out. Good Luck!

I recently had one removed. It's a little painful and a 'pain' to have to keep going to the foot doctor to have them burn it off. I needed to go every two weeks for about 2 months. The longer you wait to have them cared for the deeper they grow and the more painful digging and scraping. As part of the treatment I had to get Mediplast from Curad. It is VERY expensive. They come in small sheets. I think I paid $40 for 12 (about the size of a 3x3 post it note). You can ge it over the counter, but may need to be special ordered. Maybe try this first. The skin will whiten and die. I noticed it came back a little and put some on and it dried up.

Good luck....I suggest get them professionally cared for. It can get very painful

My husband just got done getting rid of 3 of these and let tell you, it was a huge pain. He's had them probably for a year before getting treated and we tried all the OTC stuff and none of it worked. He had to see a podiatrist several times over a few months period to have them burned and scraped off. It sounds painful but it wasn't bad, just annoying to have to go all the time. Then he had to put formadehyde on them to dry it up between visits. I learned that these are also contagious so you'll want to be sure that shoes and showers are disenfected between uses otherwise he could get them right back again. Go talk to a podiatrist, it was a pain but they are all now gone!

I have not had any experience with it, but a friend of mine said grapefruit seed extract, taken orally in a pill/capsule form, will get rid of warts. It's available at Whole Foods.

I had one on my toe when I was about her age and had to have it burnt out by my doctor. Very painful.

i took my daughter to a doctor in merrillville. podiatric medical association. hes a young guy there who treated her plantar warts, hes really good....but id use some insurance if you have any cause hes quite spendy and your son may need a second treatment if they are bad....if you let them go too long he wont ever get rid of them and they will keep spreading and spread to others. their phone number is ###-###-####. good luck.

1 / 3