Planning My Husbands Surprise Birthday Party

Afternoon Ladies, I need some advice. I'm currently planning my husbands surprise 30th birthday party. I was really interested in Dave and Busters, but I can't spend $1000 on a birthday party in good consience. I'm looking for a fun, yet reasonable place to have the party. Our guest list includes about 25 adults and about 10 (unruly) children. Help, I'm running out of time, his birthday is at the end of the month! Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all so much for your suggestions. They have been very helpful and much appreciated. I've been checking into a lot of them. I will let you all know how it turns out. Again, thank you for taking time out of your busy days to help out!

Gameworks is great for adults and kids. The appetizers are wonderful and they have a kids menu too. Remember, you don't have to pay for everything. Have fun!

I know it's kind of far away for you, but we have had lots of birthday parties at Bannerman's Sports Grill in Bartlett. (Let me clarify - I haven't hosted them, I'm manager at the restaurant.) There is a party room that holds about 40 people with leather recliners (sports themed) and 9 tvs. In the main dining area there are 70 tvs and two jumbo-screen tvs. We have party packages and the food is good. Plus there are pool tables, dart boards and video games -- kids can play pool and darts if they play WITH an adult. They can play all the video games they want. Anyhow, it probably is far for you, but if you want to check it out, go to www.bannermans-sports-grill.com, or send me a message and I could tell you more. Good luck with your plans!

How abnout a bowling party at Brunswick Zone or a party at one of the pavilions at Morton Arboretum? If those are too expensive, try Blackberry Farm in Batavia (you can bring food in and they have unlimited pony and carousel rides(bring a few babysitters.) Or look online at the Cook County Forest Preserve District and "hold' a table at one of the parks. Good luck!

Brunswick Bowling - either in Naperville or Romeoville have great packages. I've done a few company functions @ the one in Romeoville & they've been great & reasonably priced. Good Luck. P.s. - I'll have to agree with what the other mom said - you don't have to pay for everything. = )

Hi, I did a surprise 30'th for my husband a few yrs. back. I did it at Gameworks in Schaumburg. There is room upstairs for everyone to meet and it was cheaper than Dave and Busters. I do know that if you have kids with you, they have to leave by 9 or 10 p.m. I had everyone get to Gameworks early and my husband and I met a couple friends at one of the restaurants right at Gameowrks in Streets of Woodfeiled. Then his friend 'suggested' we go to Gameworks for a bit. Having everyone upstairs, my husband didn't see them until we got up there, so it was a huge surprise and then we all had a great time. Good Luck!

Luigi's Pizza and Fun Center in Aurora would be a good place to go. They have party rooms you can rent, a game room, a bar, and laser tag. All in all it would be fun for the adults and the kids. Plus, it would be WAY cheaper than $1000. I think you could easily get away with spending $300. Here is their contact info:
###-###-####
732 Prairie St., Aurora, IL 60506

If he likes golf, you could try Bogies in Oswego. They have packages available for their simulated indoor golf courses. They also have an indoor glow in the dark, 18 hole, mini golf course, jumping house, and other activities for the kids. My family had a great time there, it would be good for a party.

I did a surprise 30th for my husband at the Fox in the Hounds in Schaumburg. Not sure where your located, but it was very cheap. The private room has leather couches, pool tables and other games to play. Everyone loved it. I just ordered a few appetizers and placed a few buckets of beer on each table.

1 / 3