Planning My 30Th Birthday Party

Ok I know this is a bit silly but I decided to have a "kids" type party for my 30th (I really had a hard time with my last birthday). I'm having it a Pump it up & am looking for a theme. This is a very kid friendly party. Also, I was looking for an idea for an Adult party. I think I want to have Wonder Woman as my theme but I'm looking for party ideas for both the kid type party and the adult party.

OMG you gals are awesome. I really love the idea of the costume party! I've got so many great ideas and not enough time to implement them (party's in 1 month). I'm going to make sure I let you gals know the outcome.

I like the oldies party theme. Everyone has fun dancing to the oldies. Bobby socks, penny loafers or tennies. That would be great. Have a dance off contest with a prize.

Have a great one! D.

In my family it is kinda tradition to have a dirty thirty party. We have naughty favors and... um... body part shaped cake.lol We usually have some sort of lingerie or adult toys consultant come in and do a presentation. (I actually have friends that do that sort of thing, if you're interested) A few times we have even gotten strippers.
What ever you decide to do, hope you have a great birthday.

dress up parties are the BEST. i have been to several themed parties, some of my favorite was an Alice in Wonderland Party, where we all dressed up as alice in wonderland characters, but the birthday girl was alice, and nobody else could be.

scavenger hunt, and photo hunt parties are fun, but not with kids.

i really reccomend you pick a theme that inspires you...wild west, Hawaiian, alice in wonderland, or what have you, and have it be a dress up party.

it really helps create a party mood if everyone has dressed up...it brings the excitement and fun level up, it really does...

you can decorate and have food to match, if you are creative, it shouldn't be too spendy.

consider making it a potluck...

I do airbrush temporary tattoos that are a big hit no matter what the ages are. Our professional body art can last three to seven days and can be taken off with baby oil or isopropyl alcohol. They provide the opportunity for guests to be daring, uninhibited and adventurous while still being responsible and leaving behind the long term commitment, party-goers are excited at receiving one and watch them transform.

Our premium body paints are water resistant, instant drying, and made with non-toxic FDA approved ingredients (safety data sheet available upon request).

I charge $85/hr with a minimum of two hours booked. If you book me for more time then the rate goes down to $75/hr for the following time.

I have over 500 designs to choose from and you can see some of the sample of what I have on my site at:

http://www.uniqueimpressions.net/Airbrush%20Tattoos.html

You can rely on our temporary body art service to provide the most cutting edge entertainment value. I am confident that our temporary tattoo service will be a valuable asset to your husbands birthday party.

You can call me at: ###-###-#### cell - A.

Happy Early Birthday S.,

I had a Rainbow Brite birthday party when I turned 21. I only invited my gal pals, funny enough two of my guy pals showed up, one because he really wanted to go out with me, (we're now happily married) and the other one showed up because he misunderstood it was a girly party, he thought we were going to play with old Light Bright machines. :-) He was bored, what can I say. Anyway, we watched several episodes of Rainbow Brite, My Little Pony, Care Bears and the Pound Puppies. It was tons of fun watching childhood favorites. That was probably the best party I've ever had.

Anyhow, I own my own entertainment company doing balloon twisting, face painting, magic, storytelling, sing a longs, arts and crafts, Noah's Ark Animal Workshops and many other fun things. You can check out my website at www.fairytalepro.com to see some pictures and get more information. I'd be happy to chat with you about how to make your party fun and unique, my number is ###-###-####. Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a blast. Happy 30th!

~C.~

That is an awesome idea!!!! Welcome to 30-something. I don't think it has anything to do with not wanting to grow up. At 30 I felt like a woman for the first time, and revisiting my old childhood loves seemed normal.
I LOVE the Wonder Woman idea...especially if you are going for the Linda Carter look! Maybe for the adults you can do old skool heroes and for the kids they can be modern...and of course have a contest on the costumes - get cheap silly prizes at the 99 cent store. Maybe a couple of categories...like best home-made costume, most like the real hero etc.

And lastly, everyone I know that has turned 30+ has had a really great sense of coming into her own. Something happens where you don't feel so compelled like in our 20's...it's really cool. Life gets better as we learn to accept ourselves more.
Have a great party...and Happy Birthday.

For your Pump It Up party, I am not quite sure who you're planning to invite, but it sounds like you are trying to say "I'm still a kid" and "I'm not over the hill yet." Maybe that could be your theme and you could serve food that appeals to kids and have favors that would bring out the kid in the guests (yo yo's, paddle balls, mini etch a sketches, etc).

For your adult party, you could do a costume party with a superhero theme (maybe even made up superheroes - guests can be more creative that way) or your favorite childhood character theme. Anything nostalgic from childhood can work for your theme.

Good luck on your planning, and remember 30 is just a number!

Have a great one! D.

For my husbands 30th I made a game night and rented a roulette wheel and a poker table and had dealers come. It was a lot of fun. Every guest received a $1000 dollars as they entered and whoever had the most money at the end won a gift. A couple of other themes are a 90 party. Get out the old clothes, possibly prom dress or a fifty theme.

1 / 3