Planning a Birthday Party for My 3 Year Old

I need some help! I am trying to plan a birthday party for my little girl. She turns 3 in late February, and I am due to give birth to my son 2 weeks after that. I want something fun for her to look forward to and to make her feel special in the midst of all this baby excitement, but I need something that is easy on me since I am soooo pregnant and tired. I also need something light on the pocketbook. Any ideas??? She really wants a barbie party this year.

Last May, I was in a similar situation. My daughter was having a birthday and I was 2 months away from having my baby boy. I decided to have my daughter's party at the park. I found a great park that was covered. She loves butterflies so I found butterfly wings on e-bay pretty cheap and bought about a dozen of them. I found some pirate hooks and patches for the boys at the dollar store. It was at a park, so the price was cheaper than at any other place in town I could think of having it (other than home) and the girls loved their wings. They spent most of the time running around and enjoying the day. We also had a butterfly pinata and I bought all the supplies and decorations at the dollar store. Depending on what her favorite barbi is, wings could work. Or, you could have the girls bring their favorite barbies. Maybe for party favors you could find dresses for them at a local dollar store or discount store. I've also seen kids decorating boxes for their barbies with gems and stickers. Again, everything was found at the dollar store. It should be easy to find anything in barbie you could want for a reasonable price.

My Niece is very involved in singing groups (she is part of 'Light') and has done many local plays. Anyway, she has started doing birthday parties as a princess, I think "Belle" is her character(I would bet she could be Barbie too!). She comes and sings, tells stories, just basically entertains and the little girls are mesmerized by her. I know her rates are really reasonable. Her mom, Patti will answer any questions and does the scheduling. Adriene is in High School, but very mature and talented. Patti can be reached at ###-###-####.

I was in your exact situation and I had my daughter's birthday party at Peter Piper (if your not from this area, it's like Chuck E. Cheese). I had it on her birthday, which was during the week, so it was a little less expensive. Everyone got off work and came to the party and the host did everything. I purchased extra pizza's for the adults, but most parties I've been to they don't. Congrats and good luck!

http://allrecipes.com/Cooks-Profile/Photo.aspx?photoID=10...

That is a pic of the cake I made for my daughter's 4th b-day. she loved it and it wasn't as hard as i thought it would be. the directions are easy to follow (and on that web site). She loved it, we just stayed low key at home and had that cake and she was super happy (and it was cheap). Hope that helps.

Hire a friend to help you run the party. Build a barbie.
Go to the dollar store or whatever and get barbies/outfits to dress the barbie, certificates for names and do a fashion show with the barbies ( and them ). too cute. They keep the barbie they made.
It is far, but Imagination ave is a cute place for a party and they will run it. It is fun and my daughter's 3rd party was there.....perfect for their age.
I don't remember it being too expensive if you don't feed them.
Sometimes Ice Cream shops like Coldstone will give your party girls a tour and they can make their own ice-cream and stuff and then a park day before or after the tour.
I know MOMS clubs do it for free.

I agree with Sheri D. Go to the dollar store and also purchase a few of the Barbie either headbands, crowns, or tiaras and get some heels. The girls can pretend to be Barbie girls for the day. Also checkout http://thepartyworks.com for ideas. I have made cupcakes instead of a cake and decorated them with Barbie bling.

My daughter is turning 3 tomorrow and we are having a breakfast PJ party. All the kids can wear PJs and have some pancakes. And everyone is out of your house by noon.
Good Luck, hope you find something that works for you

An idea that comes to mind is to ask your friends to help pitch in for a bouncy castle. (That could be their gift to your daughter) Children around age 3 and up REALLY enjoy bouncing...It will keep them busy for hours and all you have to do then is have cake and ice-cream and call it a party. You do not need to go all out with games and such for one so young. If you request a "Barbie" theme bouncy castle, they will most likely have one--they put up different character banners on the bouncy castle according to the theme you want. :-) The prices range around $75.00 for four hours, depending on how big the bouncy castle is and which company you rent from. Check on the internet--you'll find lots of information there.
Good luck!!! :-) Most of all, enjoy your time with your friends and your daughter.

--L.

-mother of 5 children ranging from ages 4- thru 12... with LOTS of birthday party planning experience and ideas to share with anyone who'll listen. :-)

1 / 3