Places to Stay in Breckenridge, CO

We have been trying to decide where to go for summer vacation. We usually go to the beach, but are planning to go to Colorado and I heard that Breckenridge is nice during the summer. We have always gone to Colorado during the winter to ski, but never during the summer. Any suggestions about which month is the best to go July ? August and where to stay. We would like to get a house or a condo?

If you are not set on going to Breckenridge, I would recommend Salida, CO over the July 4th week. They have a wonderful fireworks display with the fireworks being shot off over the mountaintop. They have a great little park at the edge of town along the river where everyone congregates for the fireworks show. There's also lots of shops & such downtown. We took a group of Jr. high youth with us. If I remember correctly, we went horseback riding in nearby Buena Vista and used Noah's Ark River Rafting company to go whitewater river rafting (also within a 30 -45min. drive) I hope to go back with my own child once he's a little older. Another bonus is that Salida is closer than Breckenridge if you're driving from TX. Sorry....I don't have any suggestions for where to stay. We were on a mission trip & stayed in the local middle school gym. :)

Try www.breckenridgerentalplaces.com We go to CO several times and have gone to Breckenridge but never stayed there. In Breckenridge check out Breckenridge Peak 8 Fun Park (doesn't open until sometime in June), Colorado SuperChair- Scenic Lift Rides and Colorado's largest human maze. The Mountain Lodge by Hilton/Grand Vacations Suites I've heard is really nice. Lots to do during the summer: mountain biking, horseback riding, rafting, ATV's, fishing, alpine slide.

Anytime is great to go. All the summer months are beautiful. You would be fine going in June, July or August. There are lots of things to do there and in the surrounding towns. WE moved to Texas a year ago from the Denver area, and I grew up going to Breckenridge. As to where to stay, I don't know. My parents own a place up there, so we have never rented anywhere. Enjoy!

We went to Aspen in June a few years ago and etched out time to go to Breckenridge only for the day. It was a beautiful jewel because the downtown is so unique. Quaint shops that look like skinny Victorian? houses painted in all shades of medium pastels. Flowers decorate store entrances, inviting stores that have quality items for locals and tourists, outdoor cafes, some on the top floor, for great views of the very green mountains and valleys. I saw a hige, huge white tent that I was told was for summer concerts. There is a hot air balloon festival sometime in the summer which must look beautiful against that dark green backdrop. I can't wait to go back when I have more time. Where to stay no doubt would be based on what you plan to do. Wish I could help more..

We went in August about 2 years ago. We stayed at Grand Timber Lodge- it's part of our timeshare program but I think the owner's program allows for rentals through them or one of their sister resorts. We did hiking, driving, hung out in town, did some stuff on Peak 8 and spent some time in Lake Dillon. Went to Vail one day and we also drove into Denver for the day one day. It's beautiful and when we were there it was warm during the day but cool at night and we even got snow one night. The storms can be pretty intense, and I'm not sure if that's common all summer or not but we probably had 1 stormy day in Breckenridge and then on our way back home 1 stormy day in Colorado Springs.

we love Breckenridge in the summer! We have gone mid June and been surprised by a light snowfall, but most of the time we go in July. The Fourth of July features a parade with a small town feeling and a big bike race. It's fun, but it also makes things more crowded. There are lots of things to do and some great family activities in Breckenridge and the surrounding communities. A lot of places are not air conditioned, so check out your accomodations before you book them! We usually stay at Valdora Lodge which is a Hilton time share, but there are usually rental houses or condo available. Enjoy your trip! It is a great place to go to escape the Texas heat for a few days.

We've been to Breck for spring skiing and enjoyed the town. We rented a beautiful home there with another family through homeaway.com. Another site to try is vrbo.com (Vacation Rental by Owner). We've used these sites for several vacations and had good luck. Have fun!

If you are members of AAA, then get a bunch of info from them. ..... If not, get on the internet and go to the Breckenridge, CO website, and ask for some vacation planning information. Or you can get some for the whole state of Colorado! That will help you alot and it will give you the climates.
Colorado is awesome, although I like Montana better......either way, you'll have an awesome time. Be sure to see some of the great sites and parks.
Enjoy. Good Luck.

1 / 3