Place to Buy Tap & Ballet Shoes

Hello Mamas,

I recently enrolled my tot to tap and ballet at Horner Park. I was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction to get her shoes for her class. We live on the northside and am sure there are plenty of places. Can anyone help with a specific place that is nice and good with kids. She doesn't like shoe shopping very much!!
Thanks,
V.

Thank you everyone!! i went to payless first and bought her her tap and ballet shoes. When I went to Target to get her some ballet clothes they had some ballet shoes there!! She did not like the ones from payless and loved the one's from Target. I will be returning the ballet shoes from payless. Thanks again for all of your help!!

For that age, Payless is fine. I'd recommend buying tap shoes a bit bigger and stuff cotton balls inside the toe. You know she's going to grow out of them in no time flat.

I personally buy all of my dance shoe for myself, my children and the CAMPUS Kids at www.discountdancesupply.com. They have good prices on quality items. Otherwise, I would suggest checking out the Leo's store in Oak Park.

SMILE On!

ML

Yes, Payless has the basics, but you are on your own. May I also recommend Allegro Dance Boutique on Central Street in Evanston. Adorable locally owned business owned and staffed by dancers. Super sweet there and taking her to a shop filled with all the dance-related items will surely get her excited about learning to dance!

Chicago Dance Supply
5301 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60640
###-###-####

It's right across from Joel Hall Dance center, which if you decide she grows out of Horner Park, is a WONDERFUL place to learn show and share in community,

Hi V.,

You can find both at some Payless locations (not all, call first to see size & availability) Good luck, my daughter is in dance too!

Believe it or not Payless sells Ballet slippers and tap shoes. There is also a very cute Princess Boutique, that is part of a Fairytale Ballet on Southport & Melrose in Chicago. I just signed my Daughter up for ballet & tap, she loves if.
Happy shopping
V.

Hi V.,

Payless has ballet and tap shoes. We go to the one on Western, next to Toys R Us, to get them.

We got ours at Payless. Target has cute ballet outfits and tights if you need those as well. Have fun!

1 / 3