Pink Tour Appropriate?

Has anyone seen Pink's Truth About Love tour? My 11-year old wants to go (with either me or my husband, of course), and I'm wondering if it will be okay. Keep in mind that we are probably pretty lenient parents - her favorite books and movie are The Hunger Games :)

I want to go to the concert as do my two teen daughters. I'm trying decide if it's appropriate or not as well. I hope some mamas here have been and can give me some better info!

I love pink, but I don't let my kids listen to album versions of her music. It's much more mature than what's on the radio. Wouldn't take my 11-year-old, either.

If you're good with your child reading and watching The Hunger Games, which is a story about kids killing kids in gruesome and violent ways, then I don't see why a Pink concert would be an issue. IMO, Hunger Games is far worse than anything Pink could do.

From what I've seen, she puts on a phenomenal show. I think she's talented, but she's got some mature language and subject matter in her music. She's not making music for kids or that kids can even relate to or should be listening to, really. For me, I don't think I would take an 11 year old to a Pink concert, and I'm not a prude, either. I just don't think it's necessary or appropriate.

I wouldn't take her at 11. Sorry.

I think i would want to go more than the kids. My daughter is 10 and i would take her.
Maybe go to youtube and see if anyone posted video of any of her concerts and go from there.
Many blessings.

She uses a lot of profanity in her music. Plus, some of her songs have rather adult themes/lyrics ("just you and your hand tonight"). A few are about drinking/being drunk.

If you're fine with all of that, then I don't see a reason not to take her. But if you don't want her exposed to that yet, then she should stay home. The Pink that you hear on the radio is fairly different than the real thing.

Have you heard some of her songs? Some of them have profanity. You okay with that? I would not be.

If cussing is okay in your home then it is fine. I think Pink is a stand up artist with an interesting point of view, however she cusses a lot. In her music, in her banter and just in general. You can look up a video of Pink standing up for a "Little Girl" in her audience (age unkown) when people were fighting around her - she stopped the show to handle it personally. However, I am pretty sure she cussed there too (could be wrong). So, with that said what would deem her inappropiate for an 11yr oldin my eyes is the language.

1 / 3