Pink Eye in 15 Month Old

I think my little girl may have pink eye...her one eye keeps watering and crusting up...but she doesn't have an actual "pink" eye, the whites are still white. Is that possible...to have pink eye, but not a pink eye? I don't know anythning about pink eye. is she feeling really sick right now? Is it painful? Any adivce would be appreciated! Thank you!

OK, turns out my daughter DOES NOT have PInk Eye...I am very surprised. Dr said she just has a really bad cold...but it's not considered pink eye. She said it will go away on it's own very soon, my daughter probably already had the worst of it all.

If she had pink eye the white would be pink it sounds like she has a cold in her eye wet a cloth with warm water to clean it see a doctor he will give her drops to put in it my grandson had it good luck .

I t could just be conjunctovitis I think thats the right way to spell it. It is basically just a cold in there eye, my daughter just had it to it is cold season that could be what is causing it but if it doesn't get better in a week or keeps getting worse I would deffinetly take her to the doctors.

My sister just went through a similar situation with her 4 month old, about 2 weeks ago. His eye was all goopy, crusty and just watering a lot. It turned out to just be some kind of infection, or cold in his eye. The pediatrician gave her some gel to put on his eye for a couple of days. He had no other symptoms of having a cold. Maybe just get her to the dr. and it may be the same thing.
I'd be cautious though, and just keep washing her hands and yours!
Another reason I doubt that it's pink eye, is the cause of pink eye. It's actually kind of gross, but pink eye is a result of getting feces in your eye. Many little kids get it because they don't properly wash after using the restroom. I doubt your little girl is using the potty by herself, if at all.
I hope this helps and wasn't too much information! : )

Hi A. your daughter may just have a cold in her eye. If thats the case it should go away on its own in a few days. The same with pink eye that also goes away on its own. My daughter has had pink eye quite a few times and every time her eyes were pink so it may very well be a cold in it. Well I hope this helps.

Agreed- get it checked by the dr so you can get drops - make sure the rest of the family doesn't share towels/pillows with her and take extra care with hand washing and not touching your eyes. If it is pink eye you can catch it too, and it is miserable (I speak from experience...)

Hi A.! It does surely sound like pink eye. Pink eye is basically just a cold in the eye, it can cause the whites to become pink but not always, it is very contagious!!!! you will need to go to the doctor to get drops for her eyes to put in for three days. After the first set of drops, it is not contagious anymore. It is not really painful, it can feel like something is in your eye, very itchy, crusty after sleeping, and watery.Be sure to wash yours and her hands a lot because of the discharge. It is not really that bad and it will subside as soon as the drops start working. Good Luck!!

~T.~

Hi my name is Kim and I live in Lancaster. Both of my children had a pink eye kind of thing with just the eyes. I personally use Homeopathy for my children. They both had the syptoms of pink eye, watering, green and yellow crusting especially in the morning. I purchased a remedy called "Pulsatilla" at Savemart made by Boiron. I dont know if you are interested in this alternative to medicine, but it has no side effects and as soon as she starts to feel better you stop giving it to her. Good Luck.

I took my son to the doctor on his first birthday and was surprised to learn he had pink eye. They were watery and a bit slimy, but they were not pink at all and he wasn't rubbing them or anything. I asked the doctor if he was sure, like, 3 times!! But the drops that they give clear it up right away- Bradley's eyes stopped watering and getting slimy within a day. But definitely take her to get checked. Pink eyes are not a guaranteed symptom of pink eye!

I would recommend taking her to the Dr to get it treated. Pink eye is very contagious. Are you breastfeeding? Breastmilk is supposed to be a "supercure" for PinkEye - even better than the meds that the Dr's supply - see this article for more info: <http://www.freedompondmoonworks.com/pb/wp_2e517814.html&gt;

A Mother's Boutique
http://www.mothersboutique.com
MamaSource Members will receive 10% off of their first order - just mention promo code "MamaSource"

1 / 3