Pink Eye - Fort Worth,TX

Any home remedies for Pink eye that might help.

thank you Ladies for all your advise. I did end up taking him to Dr. We got the eye drops and all is well. For some reason I was thinking a potato would help and I only heard one reply to that. I wanted to see if anyone knew about that..the iodine in the cut potato would absorb any bacteria. guess an old wives tale or something.

you need the drops that are prescribed. it is highly contagious w/o it.

When I got pink eye I went to the Dr. and got Rx drops. But I did see something in the eye drop section at Target that is a homeopathic type drop for pink eye. I think the brand name was Samilisan or something like that and they also had it in the Target brand. That is the only thing I can think of. But when I went to the Dr. he also said to wash your hands like crazy. Try not to touch your eyes (even though it's hard not to) but if you do, immediately wash your hands.
I did that and was very vigilant about it because I didn't want to infect my baby. He never got it but I would probably credit that to having the Rx drops...once you are on them for 24 hours it isn't contagious anymore. With the drops from the store, that isn't the case.
I would still recommend going to the Dr. but you asked about any home remedies and the drops from Target are the only ones I have seen.
Best of luck to you! I hope you get through it soon!

If you don't treat it soon it will turn into a worse infection and cause other problems...the antibiotic drops are the best and quickest way to fix it. The sooner you start the drops, the less time it takes to heal.

My doctor told use to wash the eyes with Johnson's Baby shampoo a few times a day for 3-4 day and that it would get rid of it. The potato is for welder's burn.

Don't mess with eyes...pink eye can get bad really fast! Just go to the doc and get the drops.

I think you need an antibiotic, thought it was contagious too.

Soft contact lenses solution... apply it every couple of hours and right before bed and when you wake up. Seemed to work for me as well as that pricey stuff the doctor prescribed. Good luck, it's no fun!

not any (home remedies) that I have heard will get rid of it; almost certainly need an antibiotic unless there is some natural antiobiotic (from health food store or natural healing) that is strong enough that I am not aware of. BUT, there are several things you can do to ease the discomfort. Keep the "crust" down with warm water and compress and rest the eye as much as possible. Boost your immune system and wait it out will help your body rid of it! AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, IT IS HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS SO WASH PILLOW CASES, WASH RAGS, TOWELS, AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT COMES IN CONTACT WITH YOUR EYE TO GET RID OF THE GERMS SO YOU DON'T RE-INFECT YOURSELF OR INFECT OTHERS!!!!!

1 / 3