Pillow for 16 Month Old

When can you put a pillow in a crib?

My adorable 16 month old scrunches up a blanket and uses it as a pillow every time we put him in his crib for a nap. He really wants his head up.

When is it safe to put a pillow in in a crib with a toddler?

At a year my son was sleeping in a toddler bed with a pillow. I think it's safe once they are able to get around on their own.

I heard you shouldn't put a pillow in the crib until 2 but my daughter is 13 mo. old and I have a very flat one in her crib now with no pillow case. She loves it. She seems to be doing very well with it.

hi,
I have been using a pillow with my 15th month old for a month. It is very shallow. He loves it. He did the same thing with the blanket before. Here's the link.
http://babydown.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&am...

If he's making his own pillow anyway, that's a clear sign to me he's ready for a real pillow. I would get a thinner one than adults use due to his size. I'm personally in favor of memory foam pillows contoured to support proper spinal alignment and you can order one by Tempurpedic just for little ones.

If you're really concerned, ask your pediatrician, but since he's no longer an infant, he's not likely to suffocate or die from SIDS, which is the reason everyone says for infants not to have pillows, stuffed toys, or batting in their cribs.

They make little kid sized pillows - we have one that's 5 inches by 10 or so. Look an eBay for something.

Ikea sells little pillows for little kids and they sell cute bedding to go with them. We let my son have one of these when he was about 2 and he loves it. Sometimes he will ask for a larger one but always goes back to the little one.

The whole pillow thing (and sleep on the back thing) is just for little babies who can't lift and turn their heads to find air if their faces should get buried in the pillow or mattress. Hopefully, your child is well beyond that developmental stage.

I got my son his first pillow from One Step Ahead. They are a smaller verson of ours and you can get his pillow case personalized.

Hi S R, you should be fine putting a pillow in his crib. Make sure the pillow isn't too fluffy and that he can not step on it and get out of the crib. My son is 19 months and has had a pillow since he was a little over a year old. He loves it!

1 / 3