PhD Gift Suggestions?

You all always have the greatest suggestions, so I'm hoping you can help with this one:

My sister is graduating next month with her PhD in Speech Pathology (YAY!) and I have no idea what to get her. She's already had 3 graduations (high school, bachelor's, master's) and I scrounged up ideas for those ones, but I'm coming up with no ideas for a gift this time. Any brilliant suggestions?

You might think about getting her some of the things she would need to use in her new job games flash card whatever is is
good luck

I would suggest a book card from Barnes and Noble or Books A Million or one of the other large chains.

Next suggestion is a gift card to a Spa.

Third suggestion is an Amazon.com gift certificate, which is good for whatever she may want. They have everything.

Any of those sound good ?

Hope one of them will work for you. Good luck and best wishes.

My sister at 42 just got her rn. I had her a wooden plack made that said something like presented to (her name) for sucessful completion of nursing school on (the date) congratulations we are so proud of you love your family, and when all of the family got togather i presented it to her and beleave my she cried.most of all it was such a personal gift. She loved it.

There is a great children's book called Hooway for Wodney Wat. It's about a rat named Rodney who can't pronounce his R's and how he becomes a hero at his elementary school. As a speech pathologist, she might really get a kick out of it. It could be a cute gift from your daughter.

The ideas of a spa visit sound great! Or a gift certificate to a restaurant she's been dying to try.

If your the artistic type, you can take her first name or full name and write it on a piece of paper, top to bottom - one letter to each line: (my daughter's name is below - this is a project we did in a workshop at her elementary to help us help our kids with improving their writing skills)

Youngest of your sisters
Vibrant in everything you do
Ornery and mischievous
Never still
Nature lover
Ever generous and kind

Then use each letter to start a sentence or word that says something about her. Print it on some pretty paper in a nice font. Place it in a great frame. She'll love it because you made it and it came from your heart.

Do you cross-stich? Depending on how much time you have, you could cross-stitch her name and degrees and some pictures representing speech pathology (maybe some little kids faces, too) and frame it for her to hang in her office. (Thanks for the idea! I think I'm going to do this for my son's Speech Teacher as an end of year Thank You gift. He starts Kinder next year and will start with a new Speech Teacher. He has made so much progress in the last two years with her and he loves her dearly.)

Some of the things that mean most to me are letters from my loved ones or things that have been made for me. The cards that I have kept over the years that mean the most to me are the ones from my Dad and my husband. My husband and I write letters every now and again telling all of the reasons we love each other. My Dad has written me a few cards telling me how proud he is of me and how he is so happy that I am his daughter. He is the quiet type, so from him this really means a lot. Even if you and your sister talk everyday, it's not the same as an outpouring of your feelings of how special she is to you, how hard you know she has worked, and how proud you are of her.

I know you're trying to come up with something meaningful between just the two of you in addition to a gift she won't forget. Any gift you buy she will love because it came from you. If you choose to write a letter then place the letter inside of the gift you get for her or the card. Everytime she looks at or uses her gift, she'll think of how much the two of you mean to each other.

How about a vacation? LOL. Does she have a job lined up? If not maybe a professional resume service? A nice breif case, a nice desk set, gift cert for dinner out, spa package, girl's night out (or in), help pay student loans? If she is married w/children how about child care for a weekend. I hope that helps some.

She has been working so hard, Why not a gift certificate to a day spa. If you can afford it why not make it a day for the 2 of you.

Have you ever been to Things Remembered? Here is the website in case you haven't... www.thingsremembered.com

It has the best personlized gifts! Anything from a picture frame to business card holder to blankets. It's wonderful!

I make altered paint can gift buckets. We could do a spa filled can with lots of goodies for her to enjoy some relaxing time. I could decorate the can in a graduation theme if you would like and her name. If you would like to get an idea of what I am talking about check out my online store at.... http://www.stinkincutecans.flyingcart.com I don't have one showing the graduation theme but I can do the cans in any theme or color and i can do it for any price range you would like. Let me know if you are interested.

A massage or maybe a manicure pedicure or facial. I know after I finished my masters all I wanted was a break!

1 / 3