Petite Size Clothes Or... How to Be a Better Shopper

Any suggestions on stores that carry a variety of XS and Size 0 petites for women over the age of 19? Everything that I find is either too young or too expensive. I am 44 and not interested in dressing like my daughter, but nicer looking clothes in that size are often pricey. I am not much of a shopper and usually just give up but I have to think there has to be something! I went to the mall with co-workers at lunch today and it is just frustrating to see so many styles that I like but none in my size. The only place that I have found is Anne Taylor Loft, but if not on sale they are pricey for me and after a while their clothes all look the same to me.

Or any suggestions on how to make shopping less of chore - maybe if I enjoyed going store to store and trying on a thousand outfits I would have better luck? But as it is, if I have to go to more than 2 stores I'm done.

Express has some cute things! I am size 0 and 36 yrs old and I like to shop there. They have great coupons to if you sign up online. Gap is good too. The Limited has some nice items.

Check out the Talbots outlet in Lewisville. They had a large section on petites there style is like Banna Repbulic. Many of there tops are 10 bucks in the out let only. I love there jackets as they are normally about 200 buck and you can find them around 15 there. They also have a store but its full retail. They are VERY well made and are not "cheap" but you can shop smart and check out the outlet! :)

You should try So wears or JCPenney's. I have always been satisfied with their selection. Those are my go to stores even still, and my body has changed quite a bit!

I'm pretty sure JCPenney has a whole catalog specifically for petites. You can look at the service desk or call their 800 number listed on their website to request a catalog.

I think GAP has a petite selection, but it's only online. I worked with a woman the size of a 14 year old, and she used to shop GAP online.
Nordstrom carries good petites. try Nordstrom Rack (markdowns). Look at their website, and GAPs too. If you get a feel for styles and cuts that work on you, shopping online can be easy.
Knowing a good tailor can help too!
Don't be shy about asking small well-dressed women you see where they get their clothes.

I have the same problem, but on the opposite end of the spectrum, as I am plus-sized. I have found some do-able options online. Perhaps searching online will help you. Still, I understand the frustration, believe me--I can't go shopping with friends for clothes in "regular" stores, as none of them fit me, and all of the things I find in stores are either totally hideous (think sequins, moo moo, or way too stupid), unprofessional, or ill-fitting. However, with online shopping, you can often find coupons that will get at least few shipping, so you can have some convenience without paying too much if you need to send it back. Good luck--you're not alone!

Look at department stores like Kohls, JCPenny's or Sears. You'll have the best luck with the best prices. I love Kohl's for their petite section. They have jeans, skirts, shorts, tops, dresses, everything! Lots of stores also carry jeans or pants in "short" "regular" and "tall." The pants labeled "short" should fit you. You may have to spend some time shopping at different places to see what works best for you. You don't have to try on a thousand outfits. When you enter the store, fine a sales associate and ask if they carry pants in "short" or "petite." Then have them pull some for you. You should be ok buying regular shirts. I find that it really is necessary to spend some time looking at a lot of stores before I find something that fits the way I want it to. You'd be amazed at how much for fun shopping is when the things you're trying on actually fit! I enjoy shopping alone so I can take my time.
Good luck! I'm 5' and have the same issues.

maybe shopping on line will give you access to a greater variety of sizes.

1 / 3