Permanent Marker off Kitchen Counter

Anyone know how to get permanent marker off a kitchen counter? I used 409 and it faded but it's far from gone. I was thinking I might got get a magic marker....any suggestions???

I don't know what type of countertop you have, but I have a dark blue formica and Chlorox Cleanup works well without fading my formica.

I use baby wipes. It gets permanent mark off of just about any polished surface like a counter or desk.

i didnt honestly read the other suggestions - but i know this is going to sound odd - but it got permanent marker off my neices leg - Mary Kay oil Free eye make up remover!!! (if you need a mk consultant let me know - a friend sells it) but it really works!

Try Magic Eraser...it just might work.

Use the Magic Eraser by Mr.Clean.My kids got permanent marker on my dining room table and this worked excellent!

Soft scrub will work, but not if you have a dark colored counter....will dull it. Or, rub a small amount of dishwasher soap into it and let it sit for about 30 sec. then wipe off. Again, if your counter is dark, don't use this either.

Try nail polish remover. The acetone is a strong solvent that should get rid of it. This is on laminate or granite tops. If you have solid surface tops, such as Corian, you may need to buff it to get it out. Good luck.Try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponges also.

1 / 3