Period Twice in One Month - Pregnant or Just Hormones Imbalance?

Hi

I got my period about 2 weeks ago. That was about a week early. It was about 3 days in length with a bright red normal flow like I usually get. Now today I feel like it's about to come any minute. It's too soon to get it again. I'm normally 28 days like clock work. My husband and I don't use protection because I don't ovulate on my own and need assistance to get pregnant. I've also been under a lot of stress lately. Not sure what it going on. Anyone have irregular periods and find out the cause? Oh, About a week ago I was really sick with a fever and flu-like symptoms.

My period has been out of whack the past few months too, I started charting it and in my case it is related to ovulation. I miss my 28-day cycle! But it seems liek this is hormonal. I'm going to continue to chart it a couple more months just to make sure, this might help you too.

well fever and flu like symptoms with unusual flow sounds like a trip to the Dr. I don't want to scare you into something that could be nothing but sometimes minor unexplainable symptoms could be the result of something that could be more serious. I have been on birth control for over a year now and this month I am a week late. I also can't get pregant on my own but I am the kind of person who likes to play it safe so i made an appointment to get things checked out. It can't hurt to go get some tests done to ease your mind.

This only happened once ever to me and that is when we conceived our third child. I got my period it ended then a week later I had period again. Then we had sex and I found out I was pregnant shortly afterwards. It was strange.
We always wanted three children regardless.

Periods could get out of whack at any time. Stress can especially do this. Hormones being out of whack is another, You could have had a chemical pregnancy. That will put your periods out of whack. I've never heard of a flu that interferes with periods. And if you don't ovulate on your own well nothing is impossible so you could get pregnant at any time but that isn't likely. Right now you may think you are getting it but you aren't. Could be implantation bleeding.

I mean the possibilites are endless. If you are curious if your pregnant take a test if it's negitive and still no period a week later take another again if you feel like you are. But a out of whack period can happen at any time. I'd let it go for a few months. It can just happen before I even bother with the gyno. But I'd take pregnancy tests regularly.

If you're "28 days like clockwork," and not on the pill, then doesn't that mean you're ovulating regularly?? The need for assist to get pregnant could be more related to cervical fluid or short luteal phase.

1 / 3