Period Starts, Stops, and Starts Again W/ Brown Bleeding!

Anyone else have this problem? My period starts quickly, no spotting just quickly starts. Then I'll have normal period for 2 to 3 days. Then it abruptly stops for 3 to 4 days and then it starts again with brown blood. Anyone else have this issue? I also have very painful ovulation pains!
I should add I am not pregnant, my husband had a successful vasectomy.

I went in and they just wanted to put me on the pill. They did an internal exam and tested for infection which was negative. She felt no cysts or masses on ovaries. I do have some symptoms of pcos seen on an ultrasound I had a few months ago. So she thinks the pill might help with abnormal periods and pelvic pain. I'm a little hesitant to get on teh pill though, isn't it risky for 35 or older?

This happened to me a couple years ago and I was actually pregnant and didn't know it. It was an ectopic pregnancy in my right fallopian tube. I'd suggest taking a pregnancy test to rule that out. If it's positive, get into the emergency room as soon as possible. Good Luck.

Have you been to see a doc.? That would be the first thing on my to do list.
Maybe, a dnc is needed. or even some kind of infection somewhere in your body could do this, or even a cyst on your overies. See a doc. so something that wold normally be minor wouldn't become series. SOON!

You could have oviarian cysts which make ovulation painful and can cause significant spotting between cycles. Make an appointment with your OB/GYN and have it checked out. When I was 17 I had very irregular periods and sometimes they would last for weeks. The doctor put me on birth control pills and it regulated my cycle. That might help too.

Do you think you may be preganate? Or onset meon-pause? Call you Dr. he will probably do a blood test, brown bleeding is either leftover blood from your last period or possbily impending misscarriage, or best case the egg implanting/ please let us know how you make out, I know this can be a scary time.

I'm wondering how old you are. I'm 41. At my annual I had this same talk with my doc. Ovulation can become painful as we "age" because of scar tissue. Every time an egg errupts, it makes a little scar. Cramping during ovulation as we approach menopause is normal. For a few years now my periods have been like yours... bleed for 2-3 days, get a break, then older (brownish) blood to finish the cycle. Remember the uterus is shedding its lining, so tissue that takes a comes out later in the cycle will be older (hence the color change). The delay in time, for me, was considered normal since everything else is healthy. Hope this helps!

I think the brown blood is old blood that didn't quite get out the first time around. I rarely had periods and it was usually the brown stuff. I would certainly see your OB/GYN for reassurance.
I have a friend who is convinced something is wrong with her because her blood is red. That's normal. My doctor explained that the darker or brown blood is what took longer to come out and isn't so fresh. But, you should get an evaluation just to feel better about it.
Best wishes.

I have almost the same thing!
I didn't get a very good answer at my OB/GYN, where I was just last week, so I'll be curious about the answers you receive.

Off hand, I would say that your progesterone level in down. Having children does that to us. I would get a doctor that will run the complete blood screen on you including all the hormone levels.

1 / 3