Period Every Five Weeks??

Hey Ladies! I have a question for all of you. Do any of you have your period every five weeks instead of four? If so did it cause a problem for you getting pregnant? I have been of birth control for about five months and started having my period every 5 weeks. The doctor told me it's nothing to worry about. It's just because I ovulate later, but I have never heard of anyone having their period every five weeks before. I am in my early twenties, healthy, and active with two children. My husband and I are planning on trying to have another baby in the next couple months and I am really worried I won't be able to get pregnant as fast as I have with our first two. There has been a few times this past month that we haven't used any protection while having sex and I just assumed I would get pregnant from one of those three times. I know it's silly of me to think that, but I hope I can get pregnant quickly so I know nothing is wrong with me. :(

Right now i started having spotting and light bleeding through out the month so im having issues with it ..But normally i had my cycles every 5wks as well. and i had no problems getting pregnant. I had 4 children .Now that im done having kids is when my cycles have gone bonkers.

goodluck

G.

It's normal. If you're really concerned about getting pregnant start charting your temperature in the mornings and you'll know exactly your peak fertility days. By the way, no one ovulates the same day each month, so the only way to get the exact window of fertility day(s) is to chart your temps. It's 99% effective and easy to do.

I recommend the following books on how to do this:

The Art of Natural Family Planning by Sheila Kipley

Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler

My cycle has always been a 35 day monthly cycle...
I am currently due in 19 days with my 4th child... Once you KNOW your cycle its not too hard to figure out when you ovulate...

The only thing drs know for sure is that no woman is exactly the same... Yes, the average cycle is a 28 day cycle... But there are some that are shorter, some that are longer... Ovulation occurs 14 days BEFORE the start of your period. SO if you know you have a consistant 35 day cycle (with a day or so give and take) you can pinpoint to an approx week that ovulation should take place... But also, your cycle can vary by the month.
Confusing huh?

Try doing a search on the "standard days method of birthcontrol" Their sites lay out a good guide based on your cycle length. If your trying to get preggers then get busy on the days they say not to. lol

It always took me about 3 months to allow my body to readjust to a natural cycle after stopping the pill... The longest it took for a confirmed baby was 5 months...
Taking a while doesn't mean things are wrong with you... Just that it wasn't the right time. If you know you are doing it on the right days and nothing is happening after a year then maybe go have it checked out... BUT if you stress yourself out early on it won't be a good thing... Relax and have fun...
GOOD LUCK!!!

I don't think that there is anything wrong with you! Believe your Dr., it's normal to go every 5 weeks. You are lucky to have had regular periods, mine never have been. I've gone months in between periods before. I still got pregnant though, just had to watch for the signs I was ovulating since my cycles were irregular. As long as you are ovulating, you can get pregnant. As we get older our bodies change, and that can include your menstrual cycle. You are still very young and healthy otherwise, so I would not worry if you don't get pregnant instantly. Have fun trying though:)

mine was like that before I had my second child, then I got an IUD and now I have no period.

I have my period every 5 weeks as well. This just started about a year ago, when my youngest son started eating solids on a regular basis and I wasn't nursing him as much. I've always had a 28 day cycle, but now after 3 children, it's changed. Dr said it's normal and not to worry. Even after a year, I think I am pregnant every month because of that extra week. I guess I'm not used to it yet. We haven't tried to have another baby since this started, but I would say if your cycle is consistently 5 weeks, then you shouldn't have any problems getting pregnant. Good luck!

goodluck

G.

28 days is only an average estimate of a woman's menstrual cycle. It's very common for women to have periods that are either completely unpredictable in timing or "normal" in a longer/shorter duration.

Use an ovulation kit to find out when you're ovulating to help with conception. You can purchase them at any place you'd be able to purchase a pregnancy test. They're expensive, but they're worth if you really want to conceive.

Everyone's cycle is different. When I was trying to get pregnant I read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. I would highly recommend the book because it really helped me to understand my cycle.

You never know how these things will work out. My first two pregnancies (one miscarriage) were conceived with the help of fertility drugs because I have PCOS. My third pregnancy was without the help of fertility drugs and conceived the first month off the pill.

1 / 3