Period 5 Days Late---then Brown (Old) Blood with Slight Cramps----

I'm a 29 year old woman and I was wondering what's going on---I was 5 days late and then I noticed when I wiped there was some brown (old) blood....I thought, "Hmmm, okay---I guess I'm going to start my period".....I put on a pantyliner because it was light enough I didn't require a pad or tampon. Several hours later, I start to cramp a little and had to pee again. I noticed that there was no brown blood or red blood on my pantyliner...it's only when I wipe. It's been like that for more than 24 hours now....Usually by now---I'm bleeding the more fresh blood.

I'll admit---It had crossed my mind that I might be pregnant---but then I thought I was just late....anyone have any idea what could be going on?

I went and bought a couple of EPT's ----and I peed on both. Both were negative. Thank you everyone for your help....I was going to wait until I was 7 days late....but I guess I should've just tested. Thank you again---everyone!

5 days late, is late enough to take a test! It sounds more like a period, though. This happens to me from time to time.

Take a preg test and stop guessing.

I'm with Jodi... Go get an EPT!!!

Pee on a stick....

Have you peed on a stick yet? : )

Period could be starting or implantation bleeding,take a pregnancy test...

That could very well by symptoms of implantation bleeding. Go to the dollar store and buy 2-3 $1 pregnancy tests. Do not test today, but first thing tomorrow morning, using your first urine of the day.

You are probably going to start your period soon. The same thing happens to me I am on day 2 or 3 and I know it will come in the next few days.

I just saw your update about the negative test...

I *think* this can be a sign of low progesterone. I had that problem a long time ago and did some internet research on it. I would get a brown discharge for about 2 days, then my period would start. I was going to talk to by OB/GYN about it, but got pregnant, then had my tubes tied, so it ceased being an issue for me.

Good luck!!!

I agree take a test. That was exactly what I had happen when I found out I was pregnant. I had the cramping and old blood as well and kept thinking I was going to start and at first the test I took was negative. Then the next one I was far enough along for it to work and was positive.

1 / 3