Pen Marks on Wood Table

Any good methods of getting pen marks removed from a wood table? My daughter got a hold of a pen today and wrote all over the table. I know I probably won't be able to get the scratch marks out, but was hoping to get the ink color out. I tried a little bit of nail polish remover, but it was starting to take the finish off as well.
Thanks.

Shaving cream works great to get marks off of tables. I use it in my preschool classroom to get pen, permanent marker, crayon, and pencil marks of of the tables and the kids love to play in it! It is great for sensory play and the kids don't mind cleanning the tables. I let them help sponge them off when we are done.

A magic eraser will take the marks out of the table and any other mark around the house you can think of.

I have found the magic eraser works well, on most everything including wood, it has been great for me it even removes permanent marker. you can buy the cheap ones too, they work just as well. hope this helps

Steel wool gets the pen out. After that you wash with murphy's oil soap and possibly polyerathane(?) it.

I tried toothpaste, regular soda based white toothpaste (not the gels). It worked like magic! Then I wiped it off with a moist cloth. Felt on top of the world.

baking soda and cold water, rub with a paper towel and it should come out.

I have used the mr. clean magic eraser on our hardwood floors and it has gotten the pen out. It did leave and extra clean or bleached out spot on the floor for awhile, but after a few weeks you couldn't notice the lighter colored spot.

I would try Magic Eraser. I believe it's an Arm & Hammer product. I use it on our enamel table when we get carried away with our markers/paints. Good luck.

Try using those Magic Erasers, I've used them to take off most any mark. Just a little water or soft cleaner and they work like a charm.

Hairspray got Sharpie marker out of my dryer when my son "helped" me do the laundry. I've also heard that toothpaste gets crayon out, not sure about pen, though. Like the others, the Magic erasers are great (although I haven't had luck with pen). Good luck! Kids sure can drive you crazy, but sometimes you just have to laugh at them.

I have had luck by going over the spot with dry erase marker and then wiping with a paper towel.

1 / 3