Pen Marks on Microsuede Couch

We just bought a beautiful red microsuede couch a few months ago. The one time that I forget to pick up my son's write-n-erase book is the time that he makes a mark on our beautiful new couch. Ugh, I'm so mad at the both of us! Does anyone know how I can get it out?

The other day I read a request about getting pen out of clothes. Well I have a cream leather recliner that had marker on the side of it & someone had reccomended something called De-Solv-It. You can purchase it at Wal-mart & so I went to get it. I used it & have no more marker on my recliner. Loved it. Hope this helps & that you get the stain out.

I heard to use a little woolite on a damp cloth. Rub it into the stain, then just use water to clean it up. Let it air dry. Hope this helps!

~A.~

Before using anything on your couch in a spot where you can see it test it on a place where you won't see it very often. Hairspray can take the color out of red. I would suggest Oxyclean.

Still, test test test where you won't see it!

Also, after you have cleaned it and it is dry, take a soft bristle toothbrush to fluff up the fibers again.

First I would call the manufacturer of the couch and see what they recommend.

Or, I have this stain removal guide and it says for ballpoint pen on nonwashables - Rub Glycerin into area; let stand 15-20 mins; use dish-washing detergent and water sparingly (BEWARE - dishwashing detergent for your dishwasher has bleach so i would try dove or something like that); dab with cool water; let dry. For Felt Tip ink, the only difference is alcohol instead of dishwashing detg.

Use hairspray, i promise you it gets it out, then use water to get the hairspray type film out. We have a light suede color microsuede sectional and it worked!! Good luck

1 / 3