Pen Mark on My Couch

Can anyone tell me how to get pen marks off of my microfiber couch?? My 20 month old daughter has been scribbling with pen and paper and the other day I was gone and her dad was "watching" her and she got to the couch without him seeing her and left about 4 marks on it. I cant seem to find anything to take it off.

Thank you so much for all your advise. I used the baby wipes and with some scrubbing it got it off!!! Boy was I happy!!

I suggest Hairspray on the couch. You spray the Hairspray onto the "inked" area and blot with a absorbant cloth continue the process until the ink is gone. Follow up with a mild soap and water to avoid a ring around the spot.
I have used the Hairspray for many years to remove ink spots on fabric and it works quite well.
Best of luck and I hope you ink disappears.

A washcloth with dish soap is all I've ever used any my darling son has recently decided the couch is a great thing to color on... pen, crayon, marker - the washcloth with dish soap takes it out - some takes a bit more scrubbing, but it all comes out without wrecking the fabric. And I usually make my son help me clean it up when he's done it - he tells me that's what a good boy does when he's been naughty. I guess he just gets carried away with his creativity and forgets!

Hi L. -- If it's ballpoint pen, use hairspray! This works on anything that can be spot-cleaned. The first spraying will turn the stuff purple and scare you to death, but wipe it off with a damp cloth and spray/wipe off again. Keep doing it til it's gone. Then use more damp cloth to remove hairspray! I've used this on clothes & upholstery many times. Oh, and it works on dolls' faces, too! Good luck! L.

There is an actual cleaner for microfiber. I bought a kit when we bought our couches and it takes off everything. It's awesome. Maybe check with a furniture store or look up cleaners online.

Try spraying hairspray on the marks and then blot with clean cloth. It may take several attempts but hairspray usually works.

Aahh the pleasures of motherhood! ha ha :) The easiest thing I have found is called Sol-u-mel. Gets permanent marker off carpet and couches and anything else they write on. Good Luck ;)

I just had to clean a 2 inch diameter ink spot out of my microfiber couch a couple weeks ago. I couldn't believe that it had happened, and it was right in the center of the main cushion. I did some research online and every website that I went to said to use Purell Hand Sanatizer. I used it and it was amazing! I just used a white cloth, and dabbed the sanatizer on, and kept repeating and it pulled out the ink! You could never even tell that it was on there! My husband never even knew!

Does your husband "watch" as closely as my husband? :) Usually I come home to find my make up has been put to not so good use:)
My daughter did the same thing so I dissolved some oxyclean in hot water and scrubbed away. It left faint marks but it was better than before so I left it. The next day after it had dried they were gone. One thing about oxyclean tho...it does so well it gets the whole area cleaner than the rest so you'll have a "clean mark" if you only spot clean so might as well clean the whole cushion or portion of the couch to avoid that.

1 / 3