Peeling Feet? - Keller,TX

Anyone ever have their childs skin on their feet peel like its blistered? Our daughters feet peel and then in the summer moonths crack? We have been to the doctor three times and everything is not working. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Hi M.

My feet used to do the same thing. I use Arbonne's Herbal Foot Cream and my feet don't do that anymore. They also have a wonderful Baby Oil that would help by using it at bedtime.
http://www.arbonne.com/products/baby/oil.asp

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any help to you at all.

All the best
http://www.barbfyllen.myarbonne.com

Hello M.-

When I had the problem, I was told it was a lack of vitamin A dark green leafy veggies, etc.

I had similar prob like that w/ the palms of my hands. Hope that helps.

I had this problem as a child and found out I was alergic to soaps and dyes. I can only wear white socks and found for me that Cheer, Tide, and Tone bar soap works well. I also use Aveeno lotion, which the skin absorbs instead of just staying on the surface. Just an idea you might run by your doctor. Good luck!

adding Vit A to diet or with supplements really helps dry/cracking skin. . plus lotion - I'd it

I have had much help with my own feet, my husband's (diabetic), and my 97 year old mother's feet problems with Aquaphor Healing ointment. We put it on and rub it in good every morning after showers and it makes our feet very soft and no more cracking or redness. You can get it in the hand cream section at Wal-mart or any drug store. Good luck.

HI M.,

Does your daughter complain of stomach aches? My daughter has similiar thing. Please contact me at ###-###-#### or email me at ____@____.com

Sally

Put lots of Cornhusker's Lotion or any good moisturizer on her feet and cover them with socks for the night. The socks will be icky, but her feet will stay moisturized. If that doesn't work, see a dermatologist and ask about fungus. Are there any white spots on the tops of her feet? That might be a fungus.

D. Kimbriel
Grandma to 2 beautiful boys

You might want to check with a doctor or dermatologist, but just my two cents . . .

My husband occassionally has this same problem, especially in the summer and with dark socks. The irony is that all the lotion and cream in the world makes it worse. This is because the problem isn't dry skin - which we would assume when it's peeling. But actually skin that is too wet. Baby powder or Gold Bond powder seems to help the most. Just put some in socks overnight.

(Think about when your kids were tiny babies and their hands and feet "peeled" after being basically marinated for 9 months. - At least my daughter's did - maybe she just has the same weird skin as her Dad.) :-)

~C.

Nothing is better for dry, irritated skin than Eucerin Aquafor.

You didn't say if you'd gone to a dermatologist or podiatrist (foot specialist), so if you haven't, I'd start there. Also, I agree with the Vaseline or Burt's Bees Peppermint Foot Lotion or another really good foot moisturizer and would say to put it on at night and then put cotton socks over top for the night to see how it goes.

1 / 3