Peeling Feet? - Keller,TX

Anyone ever have their childs skin on their feet peel like its blistered? Our daughters feet peel and then in the summer moonths crack? We have been to the doctor three times and everything is not working. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Hi M.

My feet used to do the same thing. I use Arbonne's Herbal Foot Cream and my feet don't do that anymore. They also have a wonderful Baby Oil that would help by using it at bedtime.
http://www.arbonne.com/products/baby/oil.asp

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any help to you at all.

All the best
http://www.barbfyllen.myarbonne.com

Hello M.-

When I had the problem, I was told it was a lack of vitamin A dark green leafy veggies, etc.

I had similar prob like that w/ the palms of my hands. Hope that helps.

I had this problem as a child and found out I was alergic to soaps and dyes. I can only wear white socks and found for me that Cheer, Tide, and Tone bar soap works well. I also use Aveeno lotion, which the skin absorbs instead of just staying on the surface. Just an idea you might run by your doctor. Good luck!

adding Vit A to diet or with supplements really helps dry/cracking skin. . plus lotion - I'd it

I have had much help with my own feet, my husband's (diabetic), and my 97 year old mother's feet problems with Aquaphor Healing ointment. We put it on and rub it in good every morning after showers and it makes our feet very soft and no more cracking or redness. You can get it in the hand cream section at Wal-mart or any drug store. Good luck.

HI M.,

Does your daughter complain of stomach aches? My daughter has similiar thing. Please contact me at ###-###-#### or email me at ____@____.com

Sally

Put lots of Cornhusker's Lotion or any good moisturizer on her feet and cover them with socks for the night. The socks will be icky, but her feet will stay moisturized. If that doesn't work, see a dermatologist and ask about fungus. Are there any white spots on the tops of her feet? That might be a fungus.

D. Kimbriel
Grandma to 2 beautiful boys

You might want to check with a doctor or dermatologist, but just my two cents . . .

My husband occassionally has this same problem, especially in the summer and with dark socks. The irony is that all the lotion and cream in the world makes it worse. This is because the problem isn't dry skin - which we would assume when it's peeling. But actually skin that is too wet. Baby powder or Gold Bond powder seems to help the most. Just put some in socks overnight.

(Think about when your kids were tiny babies and their hands and feet "peeled" after being basically marinated for 9 months. - At least my daughter's did - maybe she just has the same weird skin as her Dad.) :-)

~C.

Nothing is better for dry, irritated skin than Eucerin Aquafor.

You didn't say if you'd gone to a dermatologist or podiatrist (foot specialist), so if you haven't, I'd start there. Also, I agree with the Vaseline or Burt's Bees Peppermint Foot Lotion or another really good foot moisturizer and would say to put it on at night and then put cotton socks over top for the night to see how it goes.

Have you tried vaseline?

I suggest you take your child to a GOOD dermatologist and do not settle for the "use lotion" program, that is just a blow-off response. If it is a fungus, get treatment because fungus travels to and affects other ares of the body. If it is a virus, then there should be a treatment program or at least a diagnosis that gives you options and a possible recovery period. I have two friends, mother and son, that both have a skin disorder wherein their feet and hands actually blister, drain and peel several layers of skin at a time. This condition is on-going, non-curable, and is worse in the summer. Just to be sure that your child is not in this catagory, I would have her thoroughly tested. Good luck.

Hi M.

All the best
http://www.barbfyllen.myarbonne.com

Avon has several great products for foot care that include a great overnight moisturizer and a heel crack cream that has an antibiotic and pain killer. Burt's Bees also has a good foot cream. My feet have been like that for years, and good lotions on a regular, careful basis is the only thing that prevents it!

A.

Try Enfuselle C & E Repair on your daughters feet. Rub it on her feet at night and have her wear socks to bed. Then her feet will heal and feel a lot better each morning. You can not but it at a store but visit the followingwebsite to order online:

http://www.shaklee.net/Choice-wellness/prodPerRsrxh_TimeR...

This product is for repair for younger looking skin and used to protect skin from cellular damage caused by the environment; but it works wonderfully on the whole body; and it is awesome on the feet.

Let me know if you try it what you think and how it works for your daughter.

M.,

I have a botanically based skin care, health and wellness company. We have a few different products that will take care of this. If you'd like to see some before and after pics please send me your email address.

You can also check my website out at atterberrynation.myarbonne.com. Please feel free to email me or call me with any questions (info is on the website.)

Try Golden Seal with myrrh, it really helps heal and put socks on her after putting it on because it's like a vaseline. It is a white jar. God bless!

My son had this problem and nothing from the dermatologist worked. I put Shaklee's baby lotion on there and it was completely gone the next day and he just had to use it occasionally till it went away completley. If you want to contact me, will send you some to try. If it doesn't work, it may be a fungus and you will have to get something from the doctor.
Vaseline is a petroleum product. Anything you put on your skin is absorbed, so it is best to us something nontoxic.
Good luck to you!
V.

When I was her age, I had a similar problem and hand lotions just didn't do it for me. My hands and feet were always dry an hour or two later. I started putting vaseline on my feet and hands at night. I am now 42 and still doing it. HOpe this helps!

I know many have suggested Vaseline but there is something similar that works a bit better. Aquaphor is in the baby aisle for diaper rash and it's just a thicker vaseline really. I have tried vaseline on my own feet with socks overnight and it doesn't work like Aquaphor. Cracked heels are silky smooth in the morning... I love it in the summer. My mom even puts it on her cracked hands and wears gloves at night. It is so worth a try.

My niece has this happen to her feet and they finally decided that she was allergic to her own sweat. All the creams etc that they tried didn't work. So my brother mixed vaseline and plain talcum powder to make a paste and she would put it on every night with a pair of socks. This took care of the cracked heels and most of the peeling. During the day, especially if she was active in softball etc, she washed her feet with wipes and changed socks several times a day. My mother and I have also used the vaseline/talcum mixture for cracked hands and feet. It works great and cheap to mix. It took several nights but it finally cleared up. Hope this helps.

I have the same thing with my feet but the older we get the more dry skin and going barefoot. I used to do pedicures for a living and vaseline is the best put a ton on and were sox. I am dealing with this now. But also babyoil is great. Just gets through the sox. It is great to keep by the sink and put it on your cuticles and nails after washing then use a paper towel to take off excess. Maybe not for children as they touch everything and would leave prints all over but for adults I recommend it. I started three days ago and after the first day improvement on the feet. Best to you. G. W

Hello M.-

Mine do that all the time. The only thing that works is when I use a foot shaver to get all the dead skin off. Then I put vaseline all over my feet, put socks on, and then wear that to bed.

Another thing I do is to put oil all over my feet (with socks over) twice a week.

At night, coat the feet with Aquaphor and then sleep in socks. The fungus idea is a good avenue to pursue.