"Pediatricians Who Accept Soonercare"

Hi! I'm a mom who lives in Tulsa, OK with a 2 year old son and 4 month old daughter looking for a new pediatrician who will accept soonercare. I had both my children with BlueCross/BlueShield but can no longer afford it with the condition of the economy. I have recently had to put them on soonercare and was looking for a pediatrician who accepted it. I have looked through the provider directory of doctors who accept it but every time I call they say they are no longer accepting soonercare. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions? Thanks!

When my daughter was on SoonerCare, the only place I could find to take her was the OSU Medical Center Pediatrics building. It's right across the street from OSU medical center, in the gray building. You will usually see a student doctor there, but my daughter got great care. The staff is very nice and helpful, and the doctors and student doctors were always very caring.

I wish I had their number, but I can't seem to find it. But if you call OSU medical center, they can probably get the number for you. Good luck!

K.,
Hello. I'm pretty sure that OU Physicans - Pediatricians take SoonerCare patients (located at 41st & Yale on the OU-Tulsa campus)- Phone is ###-###-####. Three doctors that come to mind are Dr. Susan Studebaker, Dr. John Studebaker, or Dr. Brian Yount. It's a group, so they have more doctors than that (can look them up online too). But, I’d check into them. Good luck.
~ J.

I take my kids to Warren Clinic Pediatrics, on S. Yale just south of Saint Francis. Dr. Morgan (my kids' pediatrician) is all full up with SoonerCare, but perhaps another doctor in the office is accepting new SoonerCare patients. My kids have also been seen by Drs. Baumgardner and Fagali and I like them, too. The office is designed well for children because there are toys and books in the waiting room and examination rooms.

I would try Family Medical Care at 7600 S. Lewis. Their phone # is ###-###-####. They have LOTS of doctors there so be sure to try a new one if you don't care for the first one you get. Dr. Crawford is really sweet and my kids like her or Dr. Joshi but there are plenty to choose from. Hopefully they will be accepting new patients:) Good luck!

1 / 3