Pediatrician in Plano/dallas Area Open to Alternative Vaccination Scheduels

does anyone know a good ped who will work with me on a delayed/alternative vaccine scheduel? i live in plano so a ped near plano/frisco/north dallas would be great!
thanks

We have been going to Dr bain for 14 months now, and at first she was great, but it has gone downhill recently. I havent been able to see her for a sick appointment three times in a row. It was almost like the staff would not let me see her or speak with her either-wierd. so, we have been in and out of after care clinics instead... Dont waste your time, she is obviously too busy for the volume of patients she accepts. Its unfortunate, but we are moving on.

My pediatrician was reluctant but didn't give me too much hard time, except for making me feel like a loon. I wouldn't reccommend him for that reason but I'd imagine any ped would work with you if you explain what you want to do, for example, I just wanted to wait until after 1 year for most shots.

Dr. Deborah Bain at Healthy Kids Pediatrics in Frisco is great and offers the vaccine schedule you are looking for. Her
website is: www.healthykidspediatrics.com

I actually recently moved here and had the exact same question :) I researched various pediatricians, and found one I think is pretty great. We have autism in our family so I was particularly worried when it came time for the MMR and the doctor I found was really respectful and open to my concerns. I didn't even know about delayed vaccination schedules (I thought it was all or nothing) but he brought it up and told me where to find the forms you need for school if you reject vaccines. His name is Steve Leung at MD pediatrics in Lewisville, near 35 and business 121. The shopping center that they are in honestly looks a bit run-down :), but the office itself is really nice and the nurses are great. I believe they have an office in Coppell as well. Hope this helps!

I have used All About Children pediatrics in McKinney...love Dr. McConnell. They will see your child with different vaccine schedules or even not vaccinating at all. Of course, they will tell you the risks, but will still accept you as a patient.

I now go to Dr. Bain in Frisco. www.healthykidspediatrics.com

She is wonderful and we have chosen her for now as our pedi.

If you have questions, let me know.

Raintree Pediatrics is great! They have 4 providers but I love Dr. Cook, Amber, and Sabrina. Check them out at www.raintreepediatrics.com
They are very open to parents wishes and accomidate them with just about everything. They also have meet-the-doctor night, give them a call because I think their next one is this coming Monday evening. ###-###-####

Lori,
You must be the best mom in the world! I have a son with autism and he lost his language and social skills after the MMR & DPT shot. Now 7 years later I am an advocate for kids with this disorder. I am NOT anti vaccine but believe that the amount of shots and what they put in them are causing an epidemic in this country and believe me I do my research. Do NOT listen to people who say there is NO evidence to this. THERE IS and there are studies out there. Just look at the 1 in 150 kids who have it!! There is Windhaven Pediatrics in Plano who will go by a safer schedule. I believe on www.generationrescue.com there is a schedule to look at or Dr. Sears book. I am sorry I cannot get you numbers and be more specific but I am on vacation and in a hurry.
YOU ROCK!!! Keep being an advocate for your kids and LISTEN TO YOUR GUT!! I wish I did!!!

I second Dr. Deborah Bain @ Healthy Kids Pediatrics. She is amazing....very open to alternative vac schedules and medicines. She never makes me feel rushed, and is just so very nice! LOVE HER!!!

We use Windhaven Pediatrics(group of 4 docs.) and specifically Dr. Lily Hann. She has been our pedi. for 5 years and although I did not use an alternative shot schedule with my first, she has been more than willing to work with me on a delayed schedule for my second daughter (9 mos. old now). They are located in Plano Presby Hospital.

1 / 3