Pediatric Allergist? - Cary,IL

I'm looking for a pediatric allergist for my son. He has eczema and now has start severe congestion along w/sprouting eczema on his back and tummy :( Can anyone recommend someone?

No advice other than NOT to see Dr Ghanni in Elgin- he prescribed medicine that he knew I was allergic to and I ended up in the hospital with anaphylactic shock. He is nuts. He knew I was pregnant and had severe allergic rxns to antibiotics. He assured me time and again that there was no chance I would react to this particular antibiotic, then when I did (after taking just one!) he told me I was just making it up. HA! Not what the paramedics thought when they saw my body swelled 3X its normal size and blisters all over me.

After my reaction, I saw Dr. Syed Quadri, also in Elgin. He was very kind and seemed knowledgeable, but I only had one visit with him. There were lots of kids in his office that day, including several babies. You might want to check him out.

-A.

My son has severe allergies and we take him to see Jacqueline A. Pongracic, MD. She is out of Children's Memorial which is kind of a drive, but worth it., She is incredibly thorough and really takes her time. It does take a while to get an appointment with her though so you may want to take that into consideration. If you call you may have to be persistent about seeing her specifically, they may try to have you see one of her cohorts, but if you insist they will schedule an appointment with her.

Might be the same practice as Dr. Resnick, but I have heard good things about Dr. Robert Hart in Barrington. He has several offices in the suburbs, too.

Alan Resnick Md
2500 West Higgins Road,
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
phone: ###-###-####
He also has a office at Good Shepard Hospital
He is there every other Thursday I just don't have that number But if you call the above number they can help you for whatever office you want to go to.
This Doc has seen my son since he was 4 my son is now 13
I have never stuck with a doctor as long as I have stuck with
this one He is a great He will not give meds if they are not needed.

1 / 3