Pay Someone to Do Our Laundry

I am interested in finding someone to come and do our laundry. I work full time and have a house keeper but I also need someone to come and do our laundry. I commute and hour at least to work each way and work full time so I really don't have time to do my family's laundry. Does anyone have any ideas or a person they know who is good and would like to get paid to do laundry. I can certainly throw them in the wash but don't seem to have time to fold or iron. I wake up at 5:30am get myself and my daughter ready and leave my house by 7am to return home by 6:30pm at night. My fiance picks up our daughter in the late afternoon but he has dinner ready for me and does his other chores before I come home. I would feel guilty cleaning and not spending those precious 2 hours with my daughter before we all go to bed. I just started back to work 3 weeks ago. HELP! I need someone soon. :)

Out housekeeper used to do the laundry. She'd wash, dry, and iron (if asked). Then she'd stack it neatly on each bed, so it had to be put away before going to sleep.

In IL, I had a laundry service at the laundromat. I would drop off and pick up clean folded laundry. I could have option to hang all as well.

Check with your housekeeper and with a laundromat near by.

S

I understand - it is tough to get all this stuff done when you're working and have a baby. I would ask your housekeeper if he/she would mind drying and folding the laundry that you put in the washer before they come. I wouldn't offer any add'l $ unless they ask, then you can negotiate from there - I'll bet it's less expensive than finding a laundry service. In this economy, I'd bet they take it, however, if they don't, perhaps you could find a trustworthy high school/college student neighbor.

Dirt Busta is a pick up drop off laundry service in the Northern VA area. I'm sure they will do your laundry.

You might want to check local laundromats if they have laundry service. The laundromat I used to go to back in Northern Virginia had paid laundry service. All you had to do is drop off your clothes, pay a fee, and then pick up your clothes. I don't know of any in Santa Clara, but you may find one if you make phone calls.

Sometimes, you can find a house keeper who would also do laundry as a part of the duties. Ask your house keeper or find someone else who would.

It depends on what you are willing to pay. I have never known anyone to only ask for someone to do their laundry but I truly understand that there is just not enough time in the day to do it all. I may have someone from my church to recommend. She is a sweetheart and can be trusted. Please respond to me confidentially and I will pass on the info to you.

Good luck and God bless,

There is a local company called Purple Tie that picks up and drops off dry cleaning and/or wash & fold laundry. www.purpletie.com. I've been very happy with them.

1 / 3