Party Favors for 13 Year Old Girls

Hi Creative Moms,
I'm trying to come up with a cool party favor idea for my daughter's 13th birthday party. Not terribly expensive, and not too girlie (says the birthday girl) - expecting about 8 girls. We have done art projects, like decorated photo frames with a party photo to take home, flip flops, and canvas tote bags. Looking for something new. Any ideas? Thanks!

Thank you all for your wonderful, helpful responses! She's into gardening so we used the little flower pot idea. The pots were 35 cents each at the flower mart, a zipbag of potting soil, and daffodil bulbs. Wrapped it up pretty, threw in a cd of her favorite songs and labeled it "Christina's party mix 2009," cute sketchbooks we found for $1, and some candies. And now I have those extra ideas for future parties. The cost was about $5 for each loot bag. THANKS, awesome moms!

Small cute closable containers + sea salt + unscented body oil (olivee, jojoba, etc) + essence drops (vanilla, lemon, lavendar) = some cool, cheap body scrubs.

You can make a station that allows the girls to make their own favor. I did this at a mothers day gathering, and it was a hugh success. I still have my salt scrubs. You can also use sugar.

My daugther is having her 9th birthday party this weekend and we bought hooded/zipper sweatshirts to decorate and take home. They were 40% off at Joann's.

Nail polish could work, or lip gloss, lotion, chapstick, hand sanitizer. Avon has them for all under $1 each http://www.youravon.com/tsolar).

Have you tried Dollar Tree, or Oriental Trading Company-http://www.orientaltrading.com?

Shrinky Dinks are fun too. I think you can go to http://www.shrinkydinks.com. They have all different kinds, even some you can print on in your printer. It has to be a certain kind of printer though.

Another idea is some kind of scrapbooking or card making set. Perhaps the girls could make a frame with a picture you take of the group at the party! I will post again if I think of more.

I thought of more...What about a tshirt for each girl to decorate or even tie dye?

What about friendship bracelets? There are some great crafty kits at Micheal's too!

Have fun!

I asked my daughter (13 in Feb) what she thinks and her first thought was nail polish. All of her friends love to paint their nails fun colors, sometimes rainbows!
I don't know what your party theme or activities are, but if you haven't come up with those yet I would suggest a spa party. Facial masks and such are quite inexpensive and a really fun thing to do at this age. This is a great age to learn about proper skin care and such.
If you have a local AVON/mark rep you can ask them to order you several samples of the mark skin care products (the mark line is specifically formulated for young skin) and the girls can give each other facials with them. I've done this for several clients and it is always a hit. The samples are SUPER inexpensive and all individually packed so no worries about passing along germs.

Have fun at the party!

So I was just at a 25th birthday party, and in lieu of a traditional favor they set out mason jars with all different kinds of candy and had bags, so you could fill your own favor. Also, she is getting to the age now where you don't have to send home favors, so feel free to skip out!

How about a gift card for Jamba juice,frozen yogurt, ice cream. A few dollars is enough for one treat.

A CD with your daughter's favorite music on it. Gift certificate to Jamba Juice.

A small ceramic pot, insert a zippy of potting soil and squeeze in a packet of seeds. wrap it in celophane, tie with a pretty ribbon, shove a fake daisy into the ribbon bow.

A coffee cup. insert small box of chocolates and a packet of hot chocolate and tea.

A plastic sip cup with lid (adult size) filled with mcdonalds cupons, a bowling pass, etc

A disposable camera each girl can take home (after she takes pics of her freinds and the party).

Sometimes the fabric store has little needlpoint kits on clearance. (Girls this age usually like to sew)

Christmas is coming- maybe some kind of ornament to make?

Although NOT favors and in lieu of.. My husband's cousin made arrangements with a nail salon and all the girls got pedicures OR a manicure (at a discounted price) as they didn't do a FULL on pedi/mani just filing.. and I think got to choose from only a few colors. It was fun for the girls. I want to say it might have wked out to 5 dollars each. although it is kinda girlie, except the girls don't have to get pinks or red, they can do many other colors these days, like blue, orange, green.... you name it.. My husband's daughter is a bit of a tomboy but still had fun getting her toes done.

I do free spa parties! Free foot soaks & hand treatments!
Girls get to pick a $5 mini body buttter as a party gift (total cost to hostess $40). I also do a drawing for a free gift. Check out www.pinkpapayaparty.com/myspaparty.

1 / 3