Party Favors for 1 Year Old's Birthday Party

I was wanting to know if anyone has any ideas for party favors for a birthday party. My son is turning one, but most of the kids at the party are older (about 2- 7 years old). There are 16 kids coming. They are mostly cousins and a few friends. Obviously we don't want to spend a fortune, but I didn't really want to just buy junk. This is my 3rd boy and I'm running out of ideas for their parties. Thanks in advance for any sugestions

For my son's first b-day last summer we gave out (from the dollar store) a pail/shovel set and a big container of bubbles for each child (they also ranged in ages) and everyone seemed to love it...AND it was inexpensive.
Hope that helps!

At my one year old's party I simply passed out cupcakes with neat candles (unlit) and sent them home in fun little bags with a little "thank you for coming" note card that I had out at each place setting. The cupcakes had been part of a cupcake tree - it was the centerpiece. For the party treat we cut into a large cake and had ice cream. I also put birthday blowers in each bag. I did that again on her 2nd birthday. I'm thinking that's enough - i don't want to start wtih the junk of party favors, and candy is expensive! Good luck!

Just went through this a couple of months ago - we did little gift bags with sidewalk chalk, crayons, and a little drawing pads that we found at Hobby Lobby. I did throw in a bag of M&M's for the older kids (4 & up), and animal crackers for the 2&3 yr. olds. Each treat bag cost me about $2.50 (I only had to do 5 of them, or it probably would have been animal crackers for everyone!).

My opinion is that party favors are unnecessary at any age. Isn't being invited to a party enough? When did this practice start and who started it??

In fact, the latest invitation my daughter (in Kindergarten) received does away with even the birthday presents and instead asks that the guests make a donation of a toy or activity to the MN Children's Hospital. I LOVE that idea and will do that next year for my daughter.

My friend's son just turned 1, and the age range of guests at his party was from 3-13, so she needed to come up with party favors that would suit all ages. She ended up buying an inexpensive wood picture frame for each child from Michael's and some little tubes of washable paint. She spread out a plastic tarp and let each child decorate their own picture frame to take home. It not only kept the kids occupied, but everyone got a little keepsake to display in their own homes later.
One note is that she did let the parents know to send an old t-shirt or paint smock with their child so they wouldn't end up with paint on their clothes.
Good luck with whatever you decide and have fun!

My sister-in-law has a sugar cookie business. "The Cookie Cutter" She decorates and bakes every cookie herself. Not only are they beautiful and creative, but they are the best tasting sugar cookies I have ever eaten! She has a website. www.thecookiecuttercookies.com
You can have your son's picture put on them, they can be in the shape of the #1 or go along with your theme. My sister-in-law packages them all individually and ties them with a coordinating color ribbon. My kids give these as party favors at all of their parties and they are always a hit.

You can also contact my sister-in-law, Suzanne at ____@____.com.

Do you have a theme for your party? I always try to go with the theme (we had an Elmo party and I had goldfish crackers, crayons, and downloaded pics off the internet - fire truck party :hats, dalmation suckers, badges). I also like to give bubbles, stickers,& small bags of crackers or fruit snacks. Hope that helps a little. Have fun - I know I love to plan parties and have gift bags - the kids really enjoy it too!

Party favors can be very expensive. I don't know how much you want to get but you could check out PBS website. They have free party favors to print off from your own computer. They have the cartoons that are on PBS. Hope that helps and good luck.

How about those grow eggs? There little ceramic eggs with flower seeds inside. The child gets to crack open the top of the egg and water it daily until it's large enough to transplant outside. My two year old loves the one he got for easter.

With that age group I would do bubbles, crayons, play dough and maybe fruit snacks.

Have fun at your party.

Bubbles, sidewalk chalk, crayons and color books, Play-doh. Those are all fun and inexpensive.

1 / 3