Party Favor Idea Needed for 6 Yr Old "Critter" Party

Does anyone have an idea for a party favor for a 6 year-old "critter" party? We're having Jungle Jim come & he's bringing snakes, lizards, bugs, etc. I'm a little burned out on bags of little things. I'd rather give one item that is a little more substantial.
Thanks.

I am in the same boat... Lately I've been giving out gift cards. I've done Chick-Fil-A but there is a minimum on giftcards of $5. I've also done Starbucks (only because I've known the kids like things there) and Marble Slab. I've also had my children receive Baskin Robbins and a lolli pop.

Maybe you could do a gift card with a small amount on it as well as a lolli pop with some sort of bug/critter inside?

A critter carrier or bug "box". You can find all kinds from a pop up tent like one to wooden ends and wire, etc. Fits all price ranges. A butterfly net or magnifying glass...my son was soooo into that kind of stuff - there's even jars that have a magnifying lens built right into the cover. The discovery store had all kinds of them and there's a catalog that has stuff like that too - just can't remember the name of it right now....my son's turning 18 and I had it back when he was 3 to 10...sorry, but I feel certain someone else will know if it's even still out there!

We had a "bug party" once. As the favor to go home we made dirt cups to take home and eat later. I put out the crushed oreos, cool whip and gummy worms for them to put together. THen we wrapped them in pretty colored saran wrap and away they went. Good luck!

Bug catcher kit. My daughter loves hers!

We did a ladybug party for my daughter's 2nd birthday. For favors, I made large critter jars, attached a magnifying glass and then filled them with live lady bugs to be released at home. You can buy live lady bugs at a garden center (not very expensive) and they are great for the garden.

You can get live ladybugs at the following link. They have a party pack for just such things. http://www.growquest.com/free_ladybugs.htm

I would buy them critter holders (my kids love them!) along with a magnifying glass for $1.00 at dollar store.
You can even stuff a piece of candy in the critter holder to make them content! Have a Blast!
Or SLIME!!!!!! I am SICK of those bags too!
One year I gave the kids noodles for the pool since we had a pool party. This year we did a cooking party and gave measuring spoons...they loved the fact they had their own tools! Go figure.
And...I had all the kids sign a cook book for my daughter and she will always have a momento of her 8th Bday.

What about bug collectors. You can find them at dollar tree for a buck. My daughter gets one every year to collec lady bugs.

1 / 3