Pap Smear - Oggyn or Primary Care Doc?

Hi Ladies,
I moved to the US about 2 years ago, and I am due for a pap smear. Do the primary care doc's do that, or do I have to go to an OBGYN? Back home I just had my regular dr take care of it.
Cheers,

my primary does it but I go to my ob because they come back abnormal I end up getting referred to my ob anyways.

Depends on your doc. Some general practicioners do it but I prefer to have a gyn take care of my lady parts as they are better trained to spot any areas that may be of concern (goodness forbid!).

Either doc can do it. I often go to my primary since he's easier to get into, but prefer my OB if I have birth control, hormone, pregnancy type questions or issues. If your primary doc does it and it comes back abnormal they will probably send you to the OB for follow up.

I usually goto the primary care dr. because I get my yearly physical as well unless pregnant or have to go to the clinic even at the clinic it is an OBGYN DR.I would have to say it is a choice and depending on insurance.I trust both my drs to do an exceptional job.

I've always gone to an OB/Gyn. I just feel more comfortable going to a doctor who specializes in all things gynecological.

call your primary care Dr, mine does OB and regular, which makes it easier.

Where I live my family doctor will see to everything but pregnancy. But I have found that the ob office is faster.

A lot of primary care will do it but I recommend going to an OB. They are much more experienced than a regular doc.

1 / 3