Panties Suggestions for a Toddler Girl Who Can Still Wear Size 12 Month Waist!!!

We will start potty training in the next couple weeks but my problem is I don't know if I can find panties small enough for my daughter. She is 27 months old but can still wear an 18 month waist in some clothing. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Thanks in advance!!

WOW! Two days and tons of advice. Thanks to all the ladies that responded. I'll go shopping this week and get some to try out and let everyone know! Thanks again.

Children's Place has XXS and XS that fit my 2 1/2 year old who was still wearing 12 month clothes. I've found some XXS undies at Macy's as well.

I had the same problem with my daughter! If you're still training, they have the padded undies from Gerber that go as low as 18 months (if you can find them!). As far a regular undies, I found that Fruit-of-aloom seems to fit smaller and have worked well for my daughter (2.5 yr and still has a 18 month waist). Hope it helps, and good luck training:)

Hi A.!

My daughter is petite also but we found that the 2T panties are just fine. Granted, some brands are larger than others and a tad bit saggy in the bottom, but they'll work all the same. I did notice this weekend that her 'Elmo' panties were actually a little tight so we may be tossing those out soon (they left marks on her legs). Good luck! :)

I have a 3 year old that was wearing the same size at that age. A 2/3t undies should be ok. Make sure you get that you get the smallest of the undies. I think they are hanes. Measure then up to each otherto find out for sure.

Check out the Imse Vimse trainers or the Happy Heiny's trainers. As they are trainers and not underwear, they tend to come in smaller sizes. I had the same issue with one of my guys (95% for height but not even on the chart for weight)...all of his pants are capris as I can't find a height/weight combo that works!

Also, try Hanna Anderson.

Here are the links. Good luck!

http://www.cottontailbaby.com/category_161/Cloth-Training...

my daughter is the same size I put her in the 2T-3T and they were big but they worked. Also I used the cloth training pants they are a bit thicker I ordered them off amazon.com.

My daughter is exactly the same! 2T undies fit her loosely but do not fall off. Good luck!

Try Hannah Anderson. My son was exactly the same way and they worked for him.We used the Albertivlle outlet mall since it was cheaper there.

My little girl is still wearing her 18 month shorts and the training pants at target work fine. Check the weight on the package and you will be fine. It is actually better if they are looser because it makes it easier for her to pull them down.

My dtr has a teeny waist and I found the bikini style (low rise) perfect for her little booty. All you can really do is buy different ones and if you can open them in the store to see the differences (that's even better) you can probably find a few that run smaller. Otherwise, get out your sewing kit and add some darts in the back by the elastic to make it work.

I also had a small little girl. My daughter is almost 3 and only 25 lbs and she is tiny. She is in a 2t and these worked out fine.
I found the Hanes size 2 undies worked well.(Target) Another smaller undies are at JCPenney's in the girl section.

Good Luck Potty training!
Our little one potty trained in 2 days. :)

My daughter is a skinny-mini, too. (She only weighs 27 pounds and is 3 years old.) Anyways, the size 2T-3T underpants are so tiny, and they fit around her waist just fine. They are a little big around the leg openings, but we don't have any problems with them. I bought the cheap kind at Wal-Mart, and the Hello Kitty ones at Target, and they both fit about the same.

My daughter is almost 29 months and also wears 18 months pants. I've boughten 2T/3T underwear from Wal-Mart and K-Mart and they fit fine. Some are even a little snug. The Disney Princess ones are slightly loose; Aerial and Strawberry Shortcake ones are snug. Even if they are too big, try washing them in hot water and then drying them on High to see if they'll shrink.

My daughter is wearing 18-24 month shorts this summer and will be 3 in Nov. We have the "Elmo" underpants from JCPenney that are 2T and fit her pretty well. We also have the thicker ones from Target (Gerber, I think) that work. Good Luck!

We had my son in underwear at 2 years (didn't last...) and he just wore 2T. Are you not finding those? I think we just found them at WalMart or Target.

I had the same problem and i went to the Family Doller store and bought size 2 panties they worked great....
(If you have that store)or try the training pants by gerber.
they have them at kmart,walmart,shopko,babys r us,and ect.

My son is now potty trained since about 2 weeks ago and the smallest undies you can get I think is 2T-3T, he is just 33 months old and small for his age. I make sure to wash the underwear in hot water and dry on hot to try to shrink them. I have to roll them at the waist since they are big. Just buy some and wash them in hot water you may have to roll them down once at the waist as well. Good luck with potty training just make sure she is really ready and it will go much faster! Only took my son 3 months since he was really ready.

My daughter is very skinny in the waist as well. The standard 2T underware is too big on her. I found ones that fit her at Children's Place.

We used elimination communication with our boys, and they were out of cloth diapers at 18mos and 15mos. We had a hard time finding underwear. Our oldest ended up wearing XS (size 12mo) training underwear for a year before we found that Gymboree carried 18mo size underwear, and so does Hanna Andersson (online). With our youngest, we had saved those teeny tiny undies and I also discovered Etsy, where you can find sellers that MAKE toddler undewear in any size you wish. I had 10 pairs of size 12mo undies made for my youngest when he was 10mos old (he was out of diapers all day by then)and he wore those for a good year.

my boys only wear Gymboree undies now. They last, don't fade or wear out. But they do make 18mos size, as does Hanna Andersson. Also check out Etsy.com for childrens undies that are hand made. You can get them in virtually any size, and they are cute.

2T panties are pretty snug, and you actually want them loose so your daughter can learn to pull them up and down by herself. My daughter was potty trained while wearing 2T pants and the 2T / 3T panties were almost too tight. Now she is growing into 3T pants and really needs 4T panties.

Best wishes.