Painting While Pregnant?

Is it okay to paint while pregnant? I really want to paint new babies room.

As long as you are using a water based latex paint, it is perfectly fine for you to paint the room. As far as the masks go, the white paper masks will do absolutely nothing to protect you from the fumes. Those masks are meant to filter out dust not fumes. If you want to filter out fumes you would need a cartridge style respirator. Hope this helps.

No I work in an ob/gyn office we always tell our ob paitents no painting.

I was told that it was okay as long as you did it in a well ventilated room! Congratulations on you second little one!!!!!!

D. ... I did this, big belly and all. I remember asking about it & being told it was okay. (You might want to double-check re: oil based paints) My only hazard was being on hands & knees doing the trim, but by god! I was on a mission :)

Good luck!!

I would think it was okay, just wear a mask and make sure the room is well ventilated. Take breaks often and get fresh air also.

I am pretty sure you are technically not supposed to...but... I did when I was 8 months pregnant, 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of pink. It was a nightmare....anyway, it was sherman williams paint that was not very smelly and I had the windows open and fans running to airate.

I painted while I was pregnant with my first child. Just be sure to keep it well ventilated and wear a dust mask.

I painted while pregnant and was told it was okay as long as the room was well ventilated, open window, fan blowing, that sort of thing. Take care if needing to use a step ladder.

Happy painting.

1 / 3