Pains in My Hip Flexer After Having a Baby????

Hello Everyone-

My son is now 13 months old. I have been experiencing some severe pains in my left leg at the very top where it connects to your hip/torso area. I notice these pains fairly frequently when I walk and it feels like my hip is dislocated (sounds silly but only way I know to describe it). Sometimes the pain will make me gasp and other times I just push through until it goes away or I switch positions. Anyone else had something similar to this? I just realized that this pain has only been going on since the birth of my son and it's not letting up. I'm not even sure what type of doctor to see for this.

Call Wright Chiropratic in Southlake
Dr. Jud Kendall can help you!
###-###-####
Best wishes to you!

My daughter went through this with her children and I have it frequently when I do too much standing/walking. I go see my chiropractor and he put everything back in order. I know a lot of people don;t believe in chiropractor's but I couldn't make it without mine. This is what my daughter had to do after the birth of all 3 of her children. Good Luck.

I've read some of the responses & here is my 2 cents. I saw DO in Fort Worth who specializes in this and he wanted to do - I think it's called - polar therapy injections into the nerve - I said no thanks. Next it was a highly regarded specialist at Medical City who couldn't find anything in the exrays but suggested they do exploritory surgery and maybe shave my hip - I got out of there really quick! Physical Therapy didn't really work for me. I now see a chiropractor who helped... not all of them made a difference, however, I found Dr Crisp and Dr Kristi to help ###-###-####. If you don't see them, I would suggest you see a chiropractor who deals mostly with pregnant women - because they are the ones who will be able to help you. Best of luck - I know what you feeling.

I started experiencing similar pains in my right hip right at the joint when our son was about 3. I finally went my family doctor who referred me to an orthopedic doctor as the pain got to be so continual that it hurt sitting, standing, exercising, and lying down. There was no relief. The orthopedic doctor took some x-rays and found that the bursa (a fluid filled sack that cushions the joint) was inflamed. This was caused from continually carrying our son on my right hip. I went through about 3 months of physical therapy which included strengthening and stretching. Now I very seldom have pain. When I do feel a twinge, I just hit the exercises harder. Perhaps you may be experiencing the same thing. I would recommend calling your family doctor and seeing where he/she wants to start.

Z.,

I had a sharp pain after giving birth with my first child. Turns out it was my sciatic nerve. Then while carrying the second one it would hurt more frequently because she would lay on it. I still had problems with it after my 3rd child and it would bring me to a halt or make me limp terribly because it hurt so bad. I talked to my doctor who gave me cure options (therapy, medicine, etc) if it really started to hurt. I decided to endure it since it would come and go and it finally went away after a year or so. Check with your doctor.

I had the same pain after each baby, and worst after my last child. It has gotten better over time. Felt like my leg was not connected, and I even had some occassions where it gave out from under me and I fell. I fell down a short carpeted flight of stairs once, and it messed up my ankle pretty good and made it difficult to exercise for a long time. Doctor always acted like I was crazy with no real advice. Occassionally it hurt when laying down too.

No real answers, but I did start a gentle yoga program after losing some weight, and I do believe that has helped me to stabilize my hips.

Don't know that this will help, but I had a similar experience. I saw my regular doctor and he referred me to physical therapy. I finally associated the movement I was making when I was turning to move my infant's carrier (I had the heavy plastic 3-in-1 kind)into the back seat of the car. I was pivoting on my left leg. My son is 5 now, so it's a distant memory, but I believe a nerve was being pinched and at times the pain was excruciating. The physical therapy (I only had to go twice) helped. Good luck!

Call Wright Chiropratic in Southlake
Dr. Jud Kendall can help you!
###-###-####
Best wishes to you!

Hi Z.!

I would recommend going to a chiropractor. At the end of your pregnancy your ligaments become very loose which allows the pelvis to widen for the delivery of your child. This process is great for delivery, but it opens us to the opportunity of our bones getting out of place. After the delivery of your child, the ligaments tighten back up. If you have bones out of place at that time it will hold them in that new, unstable position. I am a chiropractor and I see it very frequently in my practice. By getting the pelvis adjusted it will give you more stability and help to eliminate the pain. If you have any questions, or would like help choosing a chiropractor in your area, email me or give me a call at ###-###-####. I have locations in Plano and Mesquite if that helps you at all. Thanks! Dr. Sandra S.

1 / 3