Oxyclean Causing Eczema and Rash

I was looking through forum after forum for advice to get out poop stains from baby clothes. Oxyclean was the most popular answer, so I tried it. My son's eczema flared up something fierce after starting to use it and red bumps appeared on his stomach. Could it be the oxyclean? What else should I use instead?

After trial and error, it turns out to probably be my multivitamin I had started at the same time.

Shaklee is the answer. I had a friend whose son had eczema so bad he was bleeding from the sores. Someone told her about Shaklee Laundry and his eczema was gone within two weeks. It takes out stains too.

N.
Health and Wellness Coach

Briefly--I am allergic to every scent in the world and have used arm and hammer since I left home. Never a rash or reaction. Get the unscented kind.

Use the oxyclean and then rewash with the regular stuff you use if you don't find anything that works!

Oxyclean breaks me and my grand daughter out when I use it in the wash. I don't know what you can use instead but I have had really good results with Clorox 2 and presoaking and prewashing things.

K and J went outside at the farm and it had rained earlier in the week. They of course found the only mud puddle. Before I realized it they were covered from head ot foot in red clay goo. k had on a white top and a light madris plaid skirt with white socks and white athletic shoes. J had on a light colored sports tee shirt and khaki shorts. They were relatively nicer clothes than outdoor mud play stuff. I put Clorox 2 directly on the clothes and hand scrubbed them then put them into a bucket of warm, but not hot, water overnight. Then I rinsed them out in the tub and wrung them out and put them in the washer as normal. K's white tee shirt was just as white as it had been before she got dirty and the little skirt was just as colorful and bright as when I had bought it. J's shorts actually had stains come out I didn't think would ever come out. So, I use the product before the washer. I don't just add it to the wash because I don't want leftover residue to possible cause a rash and itching.

Now, if I still had my front loading Asko washer I would put the product in the wash more because it had presoak, prewash, wash, rinse, and 2 more rinses and then a final 1200 RPM spin. It would have gotten any residue out of the clothes But in my top loader I just use the product as a prewash item and the wash it out;

I use Oxyclean for the really bad stuff, otherwise use Shout and Dreft for a soak time. I first came out when my nephew was little. He also would break out in terrible rashes. You could try rinsing, then washing again and then another rinse with some vinegar in the rinse cycle to get out all the Oxyclean and soap from the clothes. My sil refused to bother so I don;t know for sure this will work.

I use Dreft stain fighter for my skin-allergy kids. Works great.

Have you tried vinegar in the final rinse? It rinses out all soap residue. Good luck.

I've used D. dishsoap since my son was born (he's now 2 1/2) and it has never failed me. Even if it sat for a couple days, rinse out any chunks, soak the spot in D., and scrub it (I have a little nail brush and a little rubbr brush devoted to just this). Throw it in the wash and it's good as new.

Try Dreft or All Free and Clear. (I always used Dreft and pre-soaked in Dreft in a bucket as well, like the PP)
If you've GOT to use something stronger for the stain remover, then re-wash them in what works for him and you can always do an extra rinse after that as well.

1 / 3