OxiClean And a Front Load Washer

Updated on July 22, 2010
T.L. asks from Cuba, MO

I use to use OxiClean with every single load of cloths, but since we purchased a front load waher I'm not quite sure how to use it. Do I just put it in with the clothing stil or do I add it to the power detergent place? Do all you Mama's think that OxiClean actually does any good for each load of clothing?

Thanks

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

Smallavatar

L.B.

answers from Columbia on

I have found that Oxyclean 'aged' my clothes quicker if I washed with it every time. Now, I use it for the really dirty stuff, towels, and whites. I love it, but only when necessary.
lb

Smallavatar

M.G.

answers from Kansas City on

I also have a front load washer and I use OxiClean in most of my white laundry loads. I just add the powder to the clothes and then I use my liquid soap as usual. I do feel the OxiClean helps to keep my kitchen and bath towels smelling better, especially now when it's so easy for them to start smelling sour.

Smallavatar

S.S.

answers from Chicago on

I put it right in the same place as the liquid detergent. it works fine. I love oxiclean

Smallavatar

K.C.

answers from Los Angeles on

I have a front loader too. I put a scoop of oxiclean into the main drum/tub of the washer, then put the clothes in on top of it. I think it helps!

L.G.

answers from Phoenix on

The Oxiclean is very good for white clothes and cold water. You know what I have a housekeeper services, Im offer to my clients laundry service, so if you want, you can enjoy it, I have an amazing experience in that. I know how to do the laundry, easy and clean.

S.F.

answers from St. Louis on

Not sure but I would like to know as well!

Smallavatar

L.B.

answers from Columbia on

lb

Smallavatar

M.T.

answers from Kansas City on

I had this same question a few months back after purchasing our front load washer! I put the oxiclean in with the clothes (inthe main drum). That is how the manual to the washer suggests using it. It does the job! I also use a liquid detergent, so i didn't think putting it in with the soap would work very well????

Meg

S.V.

answers from Dallas on

I, personally, use laundry care that I order wholesale, better quality than other detergents. Would love to share - ____@____.com

Smallavatar

S.O.

answers from San Antonio on

I don't use Oxi Clean every load.
Only the really dirty stuff. I expect the detergent to clean all the "regular" laundry. I have a front load washer and use Oxi Clean in the detergent portion (but just a little.)

Next question: Mildew Smelling Bath Towels