Overnight Diapers

Hi, My 13-month old son has soaked through his diaper and pjs the last four nights and as a result has been waking up at 5:45am. Needless to say, I'm not happy!!! I have been using the Huggies Overnight diapers and they're just not working for us......His diapers are the correct size. I've had a few people ask me if it's time to upgrade to the next size, but that's not the case. I even tried moving up his last bottle last night and waited 30 minutes before putting him down for the night and he still peed through his pjs. Are there any overnight diapers that you'd recommend? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Thank you all so much for all of your suggestions......It's wonderful to know that there are other moms out there that have had similar experiences. I especially like the suggestions of using the diaper doublers. I think I'm going to run out today and get some, so that I'm prepared for tonight. Thank you again :-)

I now have a 18 year old and a 16 year old and a 14 year old but if this was me I would try using the smallest size pull ups that are available. Pull ups hold a lot of water. S. Medley - ____@____.com

My son is almost 11 months old and same thing happened to us recently. We switched to Pampers Baby-Dry and (knock on wood) he has leaked since.

I had this problem and I finally went to the next size, even though, by size my son did not need them. It worked. The diapers are bigger, so therefore hold more. You can't go more than one size bigger or they'll leak. Also, when putting them on, make sure to make them tight. Best of luck and try this, you maybe pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for asking this. I had never thought to try something different. Our son pees through his diaper almost every night and has done it for about six months. We've kinda gotten used to washing the sheets everyday! Who knew there was something you could do about it!!

We have good luck with Diaper Doublers, they are in a blue pack and I have seen them in Giant and in Babies R Us. Like a previous mom said, they look like a big maxipad without the sticky side. you stuff one in his diaper and it absorbs the pee. The other thing you may want to think about is what time is his last bottle and is it necessary? Maybe transition him into just getting his fluids with his dinner and having a cuddle time without bottle before bed? Believe me, I know how frustrating this problem is, my son was up at 5 A this morning and I knew before going in there what the problem was, my husband put him in a regular diaper and he was soaked front and back.

I have just always changed my girls' diapers during the night. When I get up to go potty, I check their diaper while they are sleeping, and if they had peed at all, I give them a change. They never wake up, doesn't bug them. Then just situate them back with their blankets and whatnot and they are good to go. That way, I never had to deal with leaky diapers by morning. Some nights I checked, and never had to change. Other nights, I have had to change them a couple of times. (And in those cases, I could definitely see how their diapers would be leaky by morning if I hadn't changed them). Hope this helps some.

We've always used cloth diapers. The BumGenius 3.0 is pretty amazing. My son is a heavy wetter...we changed his diaper part way through the night until we bought these. We use two of the terry inserts at night. He always stays dry.

Other things I like about these...you can wash them in hot and they're adjustable (a series of snaps allows them to fit newborn to toddler).

Why are you using overnight diapers are the regular diaper not working for you? Your son is still very young he should still be able to use the same diapers you use during the day. I also have a 13 month old son and a 3 year old, I never changed from day to night diapers and I never had that problem. I feel that the regular diapers actually absorb better. I do use Pampers Crusiers I don't know if this might make a difference, but if you would like to try them. I hope this helps you.

I work full time and care my two boys in the evenings.

N.

1 / 3