Overnight Babysitting

My husband and I are planning an overnight trip without our little one. What is a reasonable rate for an overnight babysitter for one toddler? We are thinking of leaving early Saturday and returning mid afternoon Sunday. We traditionally pay our babysitter $10 an hour. Thanks for your insights!

I have a 14 yr old with 3 dogs. We were overnight for 2 nights. I had my pet sitter caring for the dogs.

I paid my sitter $400 from Sunday afternoon thru Tuesday afternoon. Basically, her job was to be around and stay with her Sunday afternoon/evening, get her to school on Monday and Tuesday and we were home in time to pick daughter up from school on Tuesday.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your trip!

It would be more appropriate to pay her for 2 days not by hours. I would say for 2 days I would pay between $150 and $200 depending on the age and experience of your sitter. Have a great trip and enjoy the break.

i used to work for a nanny agency and we charged $150 per night. Everyone had a background check and was CPR and first aid certified. The agency is The Nanny Agency. tehir website is www.thenannyagency.com and the number is ###-###-####.

We pay our babysitter $100 per night.

I would say $150-200 a night. I used to work for a nanny agency and that's what we would charge.
Thanks and I hope this helps.

1 / 3