Ovarian Cysts + Back Pain?

I have endometrosis and ovarian cysts. I was just wondering, has anyone else has had back pain when their cysts act up? Especially at night? My cysts are acting up and my lower back has been hurting for 4 days now. I have never had this symptom before so I'm not sure if it is related. What are some other symptoms that you all have that go along w your cysts?
Thanks!!

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions and support! I went to the dr today and I have a few cysts (small to medium size) and my endometrosis is back. The dr said that it was the endo that was causing the lower back pain (because of the location on certain ligaments). So thanks to you all I now have wonderful new ideas to try! Thanks again!

I've never had any problems before, and never been diagnosed with cysts, but for the past three days my lower back (really my sacrum) has been aching. Stretching doesn't help, nothing does! I suspect a heating pad might, but I haven't tried that yet. It's bad enough that it keeps me from sleeping.
I don't know what it is. Isn't it odd?

E. I have had cysts sence high school and when they flair up i do get lower back pain and sometime even sick to my stomach. I have learned to live with the hotpad and a lot of pain pills when they flair. Its been 16 years now that I have been dealing with them. You learn to get along wit them and it does get eiser. Good luck I hope you get feeling better soon.

Dear E.,

I have similar problems. I don't have endometriosis, but I do have very painful ovulation due to the cysts that have formed and never released eggs. Yes this is also accompanied by back pain. The kicker for me is that I'm trying to get pregnant again and any inflammation reducing drugs DO have a negative effect on your releasing of the eggs. So all these years I've been taking ibuprofen for this and it is actually making it worse. So I decided to not take anything at all.

You may or may not be mid-cycle when your back hurts. My back hurts twice a month for about 4 days. This is during ovulation, and during my period. And then of course it hurts when I use it wrong!! You may want to visit a chiropractor, or other type of specialist (holistic, herbal, zoneologist) whatever you do, keep on trying to be comfortable and ask LOTS AND LOTS of questions. Think about your future and how your condition and treatments could effect your life later. Not just pain free now. There are a lot of side effects that dr's don't readily talk about, or even KNOW. Get one that is willing to study it out. You don't have the same resources as he does, and starting here is a great place for you! Lots of people, with lots of different experiences and results.

Don't give up! And leave the pain killers in the cabinet!
~V.

I have an ovarian cyst and am going for a consultation for surgery tomorrow. I have experienced back pain, when doing lots of bending or lifting (laundry etc) I haven't had it at night. Mine is mixed tissue and the size of a fist... I had ultrasound and MRI showing a great blood supply and can't define the ovary from the cyst. If the pain is excruciating... it may be growing, hemorrhaging as mine did. I'd see a doc. Good luck to you.

I would get everything checked out by a DR. You might have a tubal pregnancy, or a fertalized egg making it's way threw your tube in preporation for implantation.

I do not have endometrosis, but I was having back pain, cramps in my right tube, and it was especially noticable and painfull when I would lie on my back. I started to run a very small fever and went to the DR. After an ultrasound they told me I had a cyst, and that it was nothing to worry about. 3 weeks later I took a pregnancy test and sure enough, I was pregnant!

This is my first pregnancy, and as the egg was passing threw my tube it streched me out and made it painful for me. Tubal pregnancy runs in my family, which has made me a litle more causious. From what I understand (I could be wrong) but something like endometrosis could raise your chance of having a tubal pregnancy.

I had pain for about.... 3 to 5 weeks? Also watch for spotting and a small fever.

I don't know what it is. Isn't it odd?

Yes. I have similar pain. I am also a DC and I can tell you that it is normal. Hope this helps.

Just a thought, but maybe it has nothing to do with your cysts. Could you possibly be having flank pain that would coincide with a kidney infection. You would have lower back pain with that also, sometimes so badly that it hurts to be on your feet for too long. You would probably have other symptoms also such as blood in your urine and pain, frequency, and urgency with urination but not necessarily. Just a thought, I don't know anything about ovarian cysts but sure hope you feel better soon.

Hi E., I too have what you have. My symptoms are the same. My back usually starts hurting from the endo around ovulation time but lasts longer. I just try and do things to comfort like hot packs (thermocare work great) and medicine for pain. Hang in there.

E.,
I would get it checked. It might not be just a cyst. There mioght be something else going on. Pain is an indication that something is not right. Don't panic but do get it checked.
C. B

1 / 3