Our New Little Man Looks Completely Different than Both of Us!! Anyone Else?

I finally had my beautiful little man and we are enjoying him SO much!!! My husband and I are both dark complected with dark brown (almost black) hair and dark brown eyes.. He's Hawaiian and I have some native american and a bunch of other stuff mixed in. We both have Irish (quite a bit) in us and our little man came out with a head FULL of blonde hair and blue eyes! He has our features and minus the hair and skin tone looks a lot like our daughter but we were SO surprised when we saw him! He's gorgeous and totally not what we thought he would look like, we love it. I know people are going to look at him and wonder if he's my husbands baby (our daughter is the spitting image of him) and I'm wondering how often this happens? My dad and brother are blonde hair/blue eyes, and my husbands grandpa is pretty much 100% irish so while it's definitely genetically possible it just wasn't genetically probable.. his skin is getting dark and it looks like he'll have my husbands eyes, nose and mouth (which is distinctly hawaiian) with blonde hair and blue eyes.. So do any you have kids with completely different hair & eye color than you?? And he's DEF my husbands baby lol, no questions threre!

I got all the recessive genes from my parents. They are dark haired, brown eyes and of average height. I'm green eyed, strawberry blond hair and much taller than both of them. Until I learned basic genetics in elementary school, I swore I was switched in the hospital (they're crazy, I don't dismiss the switching part completely).

We are Hispanic, olive skin dark brown eyes and hair, and my sister still is very fair skinned with light hair and Hazel eyes.

Her face looks exactly like my Uncle on my fathers side.

My moms father was fair skinned, some of his ancestors were from Spain and they are fair skinned.

When my sister was born my grandmother was so upset because at the hospital in the room right next to my mom was a fair skinned, blonde woman who had a little boy.. Her baby had jet black hair and was olive skinned. My grandmother did not speak English and just knew the babies had been switched. She was so upset until she saw the father of the other baby arrived. He was a tall dark haired Italian gentleman..

He sounds beautiful. :) I've heard that babies of darker-skinned parents often have lighter skin at birth, but their skin gets darker over a period of days. Oh, to keep the blue eyes with darkening skin! Congratulations on your new little one.

LOL... gotta love those recessive genes!

One of my sisters looks like NO ONE in my family... except is a doppleganger for my great grandmother's sister. Seriously. It's freaky. But without that picture from 1890 something... she looks completely adopted.

My husband's family is Blackfoot & Italian. They're practically United Colors of Beniton over there. MOST of the family is dark. But there are 2 porcelain skinned redheads, 1 DARK SKINNED redhead (I know, a unicorn; the tanning redhead), 1 blonde with dark skin, and 1 dark haired with pale skin.

I've heard it said that all babies look like Winston Churchill....lol

Waaaaaay too early to know what he will look like.
Usually that initial head of hair falls out & then grows in different.

Enjoy the new baby! Congrats!

I thought our son was Asian when I first saw him. I was shocked. He has blue jean (dark blue) eyes. I have brownish greenish and my husband has blueish greenish (lighter blue) definatly not the color of our sons. But after a few months it was clear he looked so much like my oldest brother. Except the eyes. Our daughter had light brown hair and the same eye color as our son (not our dark hair). But they now both are spitting images of one or the other of us. But right when they were born we could not see either one of us in them. The hair is getting darker on our son but our daughter still has some hints of blond!!! Give it some time that blond might be dark brown one day.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

When Greg was born - he was a toe-head, BRIGHT blue eyed boy. Both Bob and I are dark brown hair and brown eyes...I told this story the other day on here as well...people asked which side of the family he resembled - Bob would reply the mail man's - we laughed. Greg looks like his cousin - they could pass for brother and sister. Like you - no doubt who the daddy is.

My girlfriend, who is black, had her son - he was pale/tan...it took him about 2 weeks to get darker. it was funny to watch him every day get a little darker - don't know how or what happened...he's now 12 years old and just as dark as his mom - he sees pics of him when he was a baby - and says "that was ME?!?" Yeppers! :)

Nicky, our youngest, has brown hair and black eyes...he's got his daddy's almost olive skin (Russian heritage).

CONGRATS!!! Again!!

Sometimes it takes weeks for a baby with a darker heritage to get darker. Also, blue eyes frequently turn a darker color.

Congrats on the baby coming!

My husband was bleach blond until 2... then his hair turned brown... and still is! Genes do crazy things sometimes.

1 / 3