Opinions on Names for Baby Boy

Hi. I am looking for general opinions or impressions about three different first names we're considering for our son (due on December 19th). I think boys' names are hard, and since I'm so stuck between these three, I'm hoping others can help me choose.

We like:
1) Liam
2) Jonah
3) Gavin

Thanks,

Hello everyone, and thanks so much for all the great feedback! The little stinker actually came a week early, and we named him Liam Michael (Michael after my brother). I really appreciate all your input, it made my decision a lot easier! We feel so blessed, and hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season!

I'm partial because my 2 year old son is Jonah! It is just and not quite so popular, but recognizable!

I hear a lot of Liam's and Gavin's. My vote would be the biblical choice of Jonah, don't hear it as often and the biblical meaning is dove, see http://www.biblical-baby-names.com

I vote Liam. Congrats (BTW).

I LOVE Gavin! Congrats on the new baby!

I like Liam, it must flow with your last name though. Not sure what that is but, if you dont have a middle name I would use Liam Jonah in that order. Congrats on your baby

HI J.,

Personally I LOVE BIBICAL NAMES, perhaps Jonah, and your husbands first or middle name with it. Or your own dad's first name or middle.........or your husband's first name or middle. along with Jonah. Like Jonah Mark last name or Jonah............and a family name that has been passed down for generations as a middle name. I have a brother named Thomas W jr, and his son is Thomas W the 3rd etc. and now the 3rd is passing down Thomas W 4th to his son. what a legency........Congratulation's on having a son.
merridee

Liam was on our list twice, and for some reason we never used it.
it is a form of the name 'William' and william is a family name for us. To me Liam seems like a strong Irish name.
I like it, but for some reason it didn't fit our boys.
Love Gavin - however, it has become pretty popular.
Jonah - can't really go wrong with Jonah - it's a biblical name.
all nice choices, go with your gut feeling and if there is any 'family' connections with any of these names, I'd go with that.

I love the name Liam!!! It was on my list if my daughter was a boy. It is a name that seems like it will grow with the child - It will seem like a nice adult name. The name Gavin is too popular in my opinion and Jonah is a little too basic for me. But my daughter's name is Bijou, so I like very unique names! I think it is very important for kids to have unique names, so that they don't have the same name as other kids. It gives them their own identity. So I think Liam is a really good choice!!!

How do you pronounce the first two? Is it like lim in lima bean? or like lie am? Is the second like John-ah?

I like Gavin the best.

1 / 3