18 answers

Open Cps Case and Pregnant!

i'm 4 months pregnant with an open cps case my mother has temporary custoy of my children and is about to adopt then and i'm worried that cps will take this baby away to! can i avoid it by moving to another state? I'm also clean and not doing any drugs or smoking! Cps said i cant get my kids back .......they said it's to late! I had them taken away for a false reason and never did drugs in my life! can u guys please help me out i'm a good parent just wasn't at the right plase at the right time!

What can I do next?

So What Happened?™

well i thank everyone who answed my questions.I dont really care who talked all that bull.. but every thing went really well i have my daughter cps didnt take her away . me and my husban r very happy cps got involed but just to make shur were suitable parents and which we r and i'm goona get my other children back every soon!!

Featured Answers

I don't know, but, a friend of my sisters had her two daughters taken away. She latter had a son and was able to keep him. That is until she just couldn't get a handle on her drugs and alcohol and eventually lost him too, but it was a separate case.

More Answers

Sounds like the safest thing for you to do is to stay put and make sure you have a good support system for you and the baby and to resolve any issues in your life that got you in the situation in the first place, and to be a good person to the children you already have, Otherwise, what's to say you won't put your new baby in harms way either?

In all honesty and meaning no disrespect to you, if you haven't been able to be the mother of your other children they need, then maybe this one should also be put up for adoption.

8 moms found this helpful

You need to stay in where you are and straighten out what's already been going on with your other kids, and tell the truth.

Tell the truth tell the truth tell the truth! You are pregnant again, and that great! A new baby is not a bad thing... try your best to use the resources available to you and get things together for yourself and go from there.

You can totally do it. There are people out there who WANT to help you, no matter what your situation is. Counselors, social workers, mentors, teachers and doctors - they're all there to be used, take advantage of that!

Use the network of people around you... and if you don't have one - make one. If you don't like the one you have.... make a new one.

And don't beat yourself up, or let the other moms on here do it for you. IT is never too late to clean up and get things turned around - and let me tell you, NONE of us have clean hands.

Sending love and prayers you're way - L.

4 moms found this helpful

What will that solve? If you are not caring for this new child, someone will report you there as well. Plus you won't be near the ones you've already lost. Concentrate on doing what you need to do to straighten out your life. Might I suggest some birth control. God bless.

4 moms found this helpful

Hi, I am really trying not be judgemental but aren't your other children worth a fight too? Leaving the state to try to protect your rights to this child looks like you don't care to be a mother to the others. Why not work on the issues that you have had with the other children and work on getting your status with all of your children as a "fit" mother? Wouldn't that be a more responsible way to go about this and might prove to the courts that you are working on being a better parent.

4 moms found this helpful

OUCH! Some pretty harsh responses here. Without knowing your situation, I can definitely say that you should stay where you are.

CPS will only take your baby away if they fear for the baby's safety and wellbeing. Make sure you provide a safe environment for this baby and yourself. Don't be afraid to ask for help and find a good support system.

3 moms found this helpful

Do you not miss your other kids to fight for them back & just say o'well i'll move to another state to try & keep this baby.If the state has gotten involved and your mother is adopting your just not fit to be a mom the state has proven that your an unfit mom.Are you seriosuly wanting to move they will follow child protection services will not let something happen to this baby since all the other children have been taken away from you.I hope whatever it is that happened to your other kids this baby will be able to go to a good loving home no child deserves any less.Think about next time you have sex all the children you have living else where and not with you where they belong but in their case i'm hoping they are in a loving home with your mother.

3 moms found this helpful

You could try that. But, running away is not the answer to solving your problems. You would be better off trying to solve the problems that caused CPS to take your children away and prove that you are a fit mother. Running away with an unborn child just confirms to CPS that you are not the responsible parent. They do have contact with other State agencies, and if somebody were to give them information as to where you were, it's possible you would end up under investigation in a new state. I would think about this carefully before you make the easy decision, instead of the correct one.

3 moms found this helpful

difficult to respond to this question with out A LOT more information, i hope you'll elaborate, i also hope the needs of the new baby are your very first concern

3 moms found this helpful

1 / 3
Required Fields

Our records show that we already have a Mamapedia or Mamasource account created for you under the email address you entered.

Please enter your Mamapedia or Mamasource password to continue signing in.

Required Fields

, you’re almost done...

Since this is the first time you are logging in to Mamapedia with Facebook Connect, please provide the following information so you can participate in the Mamapedia community.

As a member, you’ll receive optional email newsletters and community updates sent to you from Mamapedia, and your email address will never be shared with third parties.

By clicking "Continue to Mamapedia", I agree to the Mamapedia Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.