Onesies Needed That Snap or Button up the Front

My 5 month old will be having surgery on his skull to remove a piece of bone on April 14 :( His soft spots are disappearing (the sutures are closing) and if he doesn't have surgery it will cause pressure on his brain and other bad things can happen! He has Sagittal synostosis (see http://www.cappskids.org/ or http://www.craniokids.org/ for more info.)

My thing is that I'm looking for onesies (or other clothes) that don't have to go over his head for after his surgery (and that don't cost a fortune--money is tight!) I have been looking on the internet but haven't had much luck. Anyone know of any good places to buy 6-9 month or 9-12 month onesies that open up the front? Or of any good consignment stores? I'm in Norwalk and work in Cerritos. Thanks! :)

First of all, thank you all so much for your help, advice, and generosity! The cranial vault removal surgery (to fix craniosynostosis) went well and he was so healthy, active, and happy that they "kicked" him out this morning! He is doing wonderfully! :) Thanks again for sharing and blessing my life!!! :)

Carter makes onesies like that (that snap from top tp bottom in the front and nothing needs to go over the head at all) - also they have a outlet in the long beach town center or try online - hope this helps and good luck oh by the way there called creepers "speedy exit creepers" go to www.carters.com

1. Carter's Long Beach Town Center see details
7571 Carson Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90808
###-###-####
4.45 miles from search location

2. Carter's Citadel Outlets see details
100 Citadel Dr. (Suite 136)
Commerce, CA 90040
###-###-####
13.81 miles from search location

T. - again good luck

Inch By Inch is a children's resale store. They have a location in Cerritos: 11442 South Street(across the street from the Target Greatland)###-###-####

We got these great onesies from JC Penney when our kids were babies. They unsnap completely so you can lay it out on the changing table or bed, then lay the baby on top of it, then snap it up and go. You close a row of snaps down the front and then the bottom of the onesie comes up like a diaper and snaps into place. JC Penney is the only place I've ever seen them. I'll pray for your little one!

7571 Carson Blvd.
Long Beach, CA 90808
###-###-####
4.45 miles from search location

2. Carter's Citadel Outlets see details
100 Citadel Dr. (Suite 136)
Commerce, CA 90040
###-###-####
13.81 miles from search location

T. - again good luck

I checked amazon.com and they have some different types of side snap outfits. You can also try the Norwalk Indoor or Santa Fe Springs swapmeet..sometimes they carry what you need or if they don't you can ask the shop owners if they can get some for you...some will look for the item you need when they stock up in the Santee Alley's downtown ( there is sections that exclusively carry childrens clothing) . You can also try to go to the Santee shopping district downtown yourself...but defiinetly not a goodplace to take small children because of the crowds.

Try The Children's Orchard. They have resale clothes. You can also take in your old kids clothes and get store credit towards new clothes.

Good Luck with the Surgery!!!

There are a couple of stores that have second hand clothes.

Children's Orchard on Valley View in Cypress. I live one street over from Cerritos and it takes me about 10 minutes to get there. It is a quick drive east on the 91 exit Valley View and make a right onto Valley View. Take Valley View about 5 minutes and it is on the right hand side. It is at Ball and Valley View. There is a McDonalds, Mervyns, Subway, and a Round Table Pizza in the shopping center. Children's Orchard is next to the subway. Their phone number is ###-###-####.

There is also another store on South Street called Precious Repeats, 11442 South St, Cerritos, CA 90703 ###-###-####. It is on the other side of the street from the Cerritos mall. I think it is in the same shopping center as the Coco's that burned down. It is not easy to see from the street and it is smaller than Children Orchard.

Also, BabiesRUs has great deals on their discount clothes and that is on South St. as well.

I only have girls clothes or I would just give you some.
I hope this helps.

First of all, my thoughts are with you and your family. I am sending prayers that everything turns out wonderfully for your precious little one.
I know what you mean about onsies that snap up the front!
I had a few and really loved them!

Two places I would check is Carters there in Cerritos at the Long Beach Towne Center, and there is also a consignment shop across from the Cerritos mall. It is called Precious Repeats. It is on South Street, in the same strip mall as the Cocos.

Please write back if you need further clarification!

wooo...I love these from Carters. They have snaps in the front.

http://carters.com/OnlineStore/Detail.aspx?productID=455f...#

They're more pajamas but are very comfy. I bought a few of these sets for my son and are only about $12 for the set. There's a Carters store in the Carson plaza off of the 605 freeway.

Good luck with surgery!
___________________________________________________________
Free Lullaby CD Giveaway! http://gagazine.com/category/giveaways/

1 / 3