One Year Old with Eczema

I have a one year old son with severe eczema, He was diagonosed at the age of 3 month. His doctor has prescribed everything from creams to benadryl for the itching. It all works for about 3 days and the rough patches goes away but after the 3rd day the same spots turn red and get very raw. We have a appt. tomorrow for the dermatologist and hopefully he can help with the situation. But I'm asking if there are any moms out there that is going through the same problem..

Hey thanks everyone with your replys and suggestions for my son. We went to the dermatologist and he prescribed 3 topical creams for him. And he told us when we bathe him to put baby oil in the water. But my mom and others on the bord told me to use cetaphil. Also we have to go to an allergist to see what he's allergic to. So that's what's going on for now. I'll update you all on his allergy test.

i have one suggestion cocobutter cream. I get the spots from getting to dry so that they dont itch.

Hi, I am a 25 year old mother of three boys ages 5,4,3 all of which has eczema. My 3 year old was hospitalized for it. I finally found something that worked for me and there skin looks great. I melted down a combination of cocco butter, benadryl,eucerin and vitamin E in a double boiler, let it sit and harden a little. I packed there skin every night and in about three days I could see a huge difference. Even the scars started to lighten up and know there skin looks great.

My 10 month old has had eczema since she was two months old. We were given a steroid cream to put on when it's really really bad and the rest of the time to give douse her in baby Aquaphor after a bath. They told me to never ever get soap on her face. Using this method, the eczema got worse before it got better. But now it's better.

hi, i know excatlly what your going through. my son is 11 months old and has had eczema since he was a newborn. what i found what works best for him is i bath him with a mild cleanser called cetaphil. they also have a moisturiser too. and i only bath him everyother day so his skin wont dry out. i highly recomend cetaphil.

I just came back from my daughters 1 month doctors visit and was told she has eczama. He told me to put cream on it, its on her forhead. I know that it can be hereitary, my husband has it really bad and so does his mother. Good Luck and let me know what works for you.

I wnated to put this up here in case other people looked it over...I have eczema and roseasa (sp?) and a few years ago my dematologist perscribed Elidel for me. I have known others who used it on themselves and thier children. Within the past 6 months or so I have found numerous studies linking Elidel with some serious side effects like cancer and even death in young children. Now I use a face wash and lotion from Aveeno and oatmeal lotion and both problems have gone away almost 100% (depending on weather and stress). Please, if you know someone using Elidel I would strongly recomend that you stop right away...there are other options!

Hi my name is K. and my nephew had the same problems since he was small (he's 5 now). And my sister had all types of meds too that didnt work but she found that applying lotion several times a day helped alot. everytime it gets dry put it on again. Hope this helps you out.

My son has eczema. The dr's have also given him perscription lotions and even had him on Zyrtec but I have to say, I have found nothing more helpful thatn Aquaphor. We put it on after every bath or shower (he is 6 now) and it works great. We also wash his clothes in FREE laundry detergetnt. Like Tide Free and clear or ALL free and clear. We use Baby Aveeno soap, you can find it in the baby soap aisle. Occassionally, in the winter, he gets an oatmeal bath with Aveeno Oatmeal bath stuff. I swear by the Aquaphor though. It has worked better for us than any other perscription lotion!

Hi there. My daughter is gonna be 4 in Dec. She has had episodes of eczema since about a year old. I tried hydrocortisol cream, helps a bit. What I usually do, is try not to sweat it, I try to load up on the cream after baths, and maybe do some oatmeal baths as well, depending on how bad it is at the time. I only treat her when she seems uncomfortable. I do hate how it looks on her, mostly her legs, butt, arms. It almost completely dissappeared in the summer, but winter seems to be worse, I assume because the heat is on, air is dryer.

Try to keep the skin moist and lubed, lol.

Let me know if you get any better ideas from the Dr. Mine doenst' seem to concerned.

My daughter is 2 years and three monthes old, and she had her eczema on 8 monthes old. We tried all kinds of steroid creams, and they worked the ways exactly as you described. Then my friend recommended me an alergist who located at Maryland, and the doctor prescribled zertyics, which we have been used before plus some moisture cream, it worked wonder. I forgot the name of the cream, but if you are interested, you can write to me and I can find out for you. Maybe the doctor's address since you are in D.C. area. My daughter's symptom basically caused by the combination effect of her eczema and allergy, now with the test, we controlled the food that she eat everyday. Now seems everything under control. So, if you really interested in knowing more, write to me and maybe this doctor can help you too.

I know this is probably naieve and silly as my daughter had a very mild case of eczema when she was tiny, but I found that using mild laundry detergent helped-and I put Crisco on it to keep it moisturized. It was something that wouldn't hurt her if she got some in her mouth and it's a non-chemical / non-steroidal treatment- I felt better about that.

1 / 3